Seafoam treatment,...No smoke after??

IVE USED SEAFOAM BEFORE ON DIFFERENT VEHICLES AND IT WORKED GREAT.. THE SMOKE AND JUNK THAT CAME OUT THE EXHAUST WAS AMAZING,..SO I TRIED IT TODAY ON THE 05 SIERRA 8.1, THE ENGINE WAS UP TO TEMP. SO I RAN IN IT THE LITTLE VACUUM PORT UNDER THE INTAKE COVER..ABOUT HALF A CAN WENT IN, I LET IT SIT FOR 15-20 MINS AND STARTED IT BACK UP...IT RAN GOOD I NOTICED THE SMOOTHER IDLE AND IT SEEMED LIKE THROTTLE RESPONSE WAS BETTER, BUT NOTHING CAME OUT OF THE EXHAUST. NO SMOKE AT ALL. SO IM CURIOUS WHY??

SORRY FOR THE CAPS LOCK,..IT WONT COME OFF

I always pull the vacuum line off then cap it with my finger then have a assisant start the motor then as the motor runs pour it in but i dont use seafoam i always used GM stuff thats what the dealers use and its very hard to get but excellent stuff had some very good results.Usually if dont smoke you have a pretty much clean internal motor.I would feel pretty good if i was you.Another way to tell if its clean is look in the heads take off the oil cap and look in there with a flash light.I bet the heads are damn hear spotless.

i'd say your sitting well, i'd only seafoam an engine that was neglected bad...if you run quality gas and keep up with maintance everything should be running like a clock

mine did the same thing until I bought the aerosol can version of Seafoam. Use the spray in the intake according to the directions, and watch the cloud form. Then use half a can in the oil, and a full can in the fuel.

Thanks, So use the spray can version in the throttle body? and the regular can in the oil and fuel??

Do you change the oil soon after you put it in the oil?

Thanks, So use the spray can version in the throttle body? and the regular can in the oil and fuel??

Do you change the oil soon after you put it in the oil?

Yeah. Follow the instructions on the can. Do that for the intake, and the regular for the fuel and oil. Most people put half in the oil and half in the fuel, but I put half in the oil and a full can in the fuel.

I treat everything and usually run between 50 and 150 miles then change my oil and spark plugs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vqs8QWvssmg&feature=player_embedded

The only difference I can tell you is that it wont take 2-3 minutes for you to use half a can so give it a shake every 10 seconds or so to see how much is left. Also, I give it about 15-20 minutes to soak before starting it up. Took about 15 minutes t oget all the smoke out.

Archived