What did you do with your truck/shop today

SarahsGMC

what happened to this thread i could not find it anywhere did a search, no luck just seemed to be gone 

You’re asking to many questions be careful you don’t want to disappear lol

Ryan B.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 10:45 PM, Jsdirt said:

Looks good man - congrats!  :thumbs:

Maybe someday GM will figure out how to retain customers ...

Dodge makes a nice looking truck, but under the façade they are flimsy.

I went out and brushed the snow off of it and fired it up. The ticking just won't go away even though I try to ignore it. 5.3 LS has issues, one is a use of foreign parts, like their rocker arms (Mitsubishi) which fail and tick tick tick. This I found out from my contact at Powertrain Headquarters (Pontiac, MI).

1 hour ago, Chev454ss said:

Dodge makes a nice looking truck, but under the façade they are flimsy.

No more flimsy than anything else. My '07 Silverado is built like a friggin beer can. A little 4" sapling at less than walking speed cost me $2,200 in repairs (with me doing all the disassembly!) back in '09. I can guarantee the newer models aren't any stronger ...

What you can't see in the first pic is the giant crease over the centerline of the rear wheel. Took the guy an hour on the frame machine to get the box straight again, SMH. What you CAN see is the amount of rust that was hiding under those beer-can bumpers after just 2 winters ... :shakehead: 

5a5a94b9b4d98_Fuckedupthetruck.jpg.96496e9c0f35f102ce3ffd0d4780bd00.jpg

5a5a953ab2518_Newtruck-fixeddamagebumperremoved.jpg.0d3b5322274b8bff7a53867e1107ccf3.jpg

5a5a953c0f630_Newtruck-fixeddamagerustunderbumper.jpg.7559d6ed3fa05cf3135703da90721317.jpg

5a5a94bb996a9_Newtruck-fixingdamage2.thumb.jpg.da85ba0a77e8bdb743a58b7bd0fa645c.jpg

Edited by Jsdirt

I know all about the fascia problems, I hate them. I just hit a coyote while heading up to MI for Christmas. I'm looking at $800 in parts (my estimate) It did in every lower fascia part on the left front of my Yukon from the wheelhouse to the splash shield for the engine, then there's the labor which I have not had estimated yet. I'm sure it will be over $2000. To top that off, GM Trucks are headed for a downsize next model change...I think it's 2019 models. Get ready for smaller trucks and engines.

But a mopar is still a mopar....

50 minutes ago, Chev454ss said:

I know all about the fascia problems, I hate them. I just hit a coyote while heading up to MI for Christmas. I'm looking at $800 in parts (my estimate) It did in every lower fascia part on the left front of my Yukon from the wheelhouse to the splash shield for the engine, then there's the labor which I have not had estimated yet. I'm sure it will be over $2000. To top that off, GM Trucks are headed for a downsize next model change...I think it's 2019 models. Get ready for smaller trucks and engines.

But a mopar is still a mopar....

Release event said they're bigger.