Finally Took the BlackBear plunge

Thought I would update my experience as I've got the tune right where I want it now.

Justin reread the logs after the tune I installed and further made some adjustments. AFM is now disabled and the truck is now wanting to break loose in first (it nearly does) and I'm finally hearing the chirp of the tires when it shifts into 2nd. Veryyy cool. First time I've ever experienced that in an automatic. At WOT the truck is PISSED. Stock exhaust seems like it opens up and quiets right back up when I let off.

I was a little unsure if this was all worth it in the beginning but I'm very satisfied with my experience. I can't really reflect on any MPG gains because I switched to E85 and I'm only on the 4th tank now. Besides, I've been a little more into the pedal than usual so I won't expect much. I plan to take her to the track just to see what she will run. Now to decide what I'm gonna do next..... :dvil: :thumbs:

Hi Corey,Frank here i am up in canada and have the identical truck to you.Got the BB tune and i you sound pretty happy with your tune.I am not yet .Top speed cutout is gone but not much else from what i see.Can you do a o-60 time and then a o-100 time then we will compare.

Keep in mind, no two trucks are alike (you have engine, driver, modifications and gas quality/octane to contend with). Did you get an AutoCal tune? What octane are you running? Have you cleaned your MAF and throttle body?

After the computer learns the new tune, the settings should definitely be noticeable.

Not sure if you were sending this my way Jennebear but yes i have the BB AUTO CAL TUNE.Truck has 27000 kilo on it.Running 89 octane but have not cleaned the MAF or throttle body yet.Would not think they need it yet.What part do you have in all this.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought I would update my experience as I've got the tune right where I want it now.

Justin reread the logs after the tune I installed and further made some adjustments. AFM is now disabled and the truck is now wanting to break loose in first (it nearly does) and I'm finally hearing the chirp of the tires when it shifts into 2nd. Veryyy cool. First time I've ever experienced that in an automatic. At WOT the truck is PISSED. Stock exhaust seems like it opens up and quiets right back up when I let off.

I was a little unsure if this was all worth it in the beginning but I'm very satisfied with my experience. I can't really reflect on any MPG gains because I switched to E85 and I'm only on the 4th tank now. Besides, I've been a little more into the pedal than usual so I won't expect much. I plan to take her to the track just to see what she will run. Now to decide what I'm gonna do next..... :dvil: :thumbs:

Hi Corey,Frank here i am up in canada and have the identical truck to you.Got the BB tune and i you sound pretty happy with your tune.I am not yet .Top speed cutout is gone but not much else from what i see.Can you do a o-60 time and then a o-100 time then we will compare.

Keep in mind, no two trucks are alike (you have engine, driver, modifications and gas quality/octane to contend with). Did you get an AutoCal tune? What octane are you running? Have you cleaned your MAF and throttle body?

After the computer learns the new tune, the settings should definitely be noticeable.

Not sure if you were sending this my way Jennebear but yes i have the BB AUTO CAL TUNE.Truck has 27000 kilo on it.Running 89 octane but have not cleaned the MAF or throttle body yet.Would not think they need it yet.What part do you have in all this.

Jenna's husband is Justin. She is on the forums to help answer questions as he doesn't necessarily have the time

Ryan

Jenna's husband is Justin. She is on the forums to help answer questions as he doesn't necessarily have the time

Ryan

Now i have some of this puzzle figured out.Thanks Ryan

Yes, clean that MAF and throttle body- it will make a difference, these things get clogged fairly quick. Send a new log over referencing this conversation. If you are not feeling a difference, there has to be an underlying issue- we will look into it and make sure you are taken care of.

Yes, clean that MAF and throttle body- it will make a difference, these things get clogged fairly quick. Send a new log over referencing this conversation. If you are not feeling a difference, there has to be an underlying issue- we will look into it and make sure you are taken care of.

Yes will clean both then run couple tanks of 89 octane or better fuel then will send Justin a new log.Thanks for now.

• 3 years later...

Corey, I have basically the same truck as you, except its the 2010 Silverado with the 5.3. As far as what to do next to your truck, I can make a few suggestions. I have put a leveling kit, 4.30 gears in the front and back, 35-12.50 Toyo MT's, pacesetter long tube headers with a high flow magna flow exhaust turned down behind the cab with a 4x18" tip, also a Volant Cold Air Intake and the Volant throttle body spacer, I have a tune but it is not a black bear (Getting one soon). But with all those parts and even WITH the 35's.... let me just put it this way, I can literally sit there and smoke those 35"s at a redlight. My friend has the VMax, and my truck is every bit as fast as his and he has 33"s.

But I would highly suggest the long tubes and the magna flow.... It sounds SO NASTY. They made a huge difference in the performance of my truck.

btw Im just now commenting on this post bc I just now read it..... so I'm sure you have already added a few things to the truck but i just thought i would put my 2 cents in anyway

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I just purchased the autocal today for my 2016 Silverado. Im excited to see what it will do for my truck. Im mainly getting it to disable the AMF because I've started getting the vibration in v4 mode. I can't wait to get this going!

Archived