How to tell If Deployed Airbag Was Fixed Correctly

SSSilverado23

Question

I am gonna go look at a truck that i put a deposit down on on friday. I put the deposit down after what was supposedly everything that the salesman disclosed was wrong with the truck. Still felt weird so i Carfaxed it and found out it had been in a rear end collision. It had a bit of front end damage and 1 airbag deployed.

My question is, Im supposedly locked in on my 1000 dollar deposit that they say is non refundable, How can i do a check to see if it was fixed correctly? I would say that this is cause for getting my money back but some of these dealerships are hard core. Im still interested in the truck regardless but i dont want some half fixed jimmy rigged shit. What could i look for? Any help is appreciated!

5 answers to this question

I am gonna go look at a truck that i put a deposit down on on friday. I put the deposit down after what was supposedly everything that the salesman disclosed was wrong with the truck. Still felt weird so i Carfaxed it and found out it had been in a rear end collision. It had a bit of front end damage and 1 airbag deployed.

My question is, Im supposedly locked in on my 1000 dollar deposit that they say is non refundable, How can i do a check to see if it was fixed correctly? I would say that this is cause for getting my money back but some of these dealerships are hard core. Im still interested in the truck regardless but i dont want some half fixed jimmy rigged shit. What could i look for? Any help is appreciated!

If the airbag light cycles on when you start the truck and then goes off normally, the system is self checking and testing OK. Not much of a way to trick it and Federal law prohibits tinkering. I doubt any dealer would risk that.

BUT

No deposit is non refundable at a dealership. Raise enough hell and you'll get it back.

check the body lines. if it has had body panels replaced by a shitty shop you can usually tell if you look very closely at how the body panels line up. also look closely at the paint and see it if matches up correctly on all body panels. i own a vehicle that was in mulitple accidents, and they are never the same after the accident.

Archived