03-06 cruise control

Do you want cruise control without cutting and splicing wires ? If your truck doesn't have the 4 wire connector then you need gm #26090777. I got mine off ebay from mttopwoman for #30.00 and they have atleast 2 more. There was another seller upip60 that had a new one for $109.00. I searched the internet and new ones from $110.00 to $160.00 from different gm parts stores. You can swap out the complete harness or just remove the 4 wire harness like I did and insert the 4 wires into the 52-pin connector located lower left of steering column. Its very easy. Less than an hour install This is how I did it. First, draw yourself a wiring diagram of the back of new 52-pin connector. On new harness you bought, remove center section of 52-pin connector. You'll see two holes that a small screwdriver will fit into.I stuck srewdriver in to these slots and wiggeled and pried till it came out. Then on this connector you have to slide the blue part off the connector off, then with small screwdriver insert in back of connector where the wire is and gently pull wire out back. Ok, now on your truck unplug 52-pin connector. You'll have to push the grey locking handle on 52-pin connector all the way to the right. You may have to remove the 52-pin connector from its mount ( two clips made to the left side of 52-pin connector.) You push or pull it sliding it forward or backwards I can't rememeber which way I moved it. Once you get it out remove the center section just like on the new one. Then remove blue part same as new one. Then find the hole/slot you need and insert wire. Make sure the pin connector is turned the right way before inserting. Then put it all back together. Mine worked I'm sure yours will too.

Pin #'s

Wires on 4-wire connector = Back of 52-pin connector

Gray/with black stripe = B1

Dark blue = B10

Brown = B18

Gray or Gray/with white stripe = B32

post-56580-0-96225200-1346332004_thumb.gif

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

were is that located?..

what would the brake lights have to do with the cruise control??

The braking system and the cruise control are linked together. When your brake lights come on the cruise shuts off. If the switch is bad, alot of times it will let the lights flicker as your driving down the highway so when that happens it kicks your cruise control off. Its a 15 dollar part atleast. So not much lost if thats the problem.

Its located on the top left hand side of the brake pedal. Its attached to it.

My problem when i had this issue was the Wheel speed sensors in the front. They were going bad. Replaced them and no more issues.

Edited by SSSilverado23

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks much to Riverhawlk was able to remove the 4 pin plug as you described from a different harness and added the multifunction switch and underhood unit from another 2006 4.3 silverado and now have factory GM cruise on my 2006 silverado 4.3 5spd. Total invested in parts $100.00.

• 8 months later...

Would you have a pin out for this plug? IE Colour of wires and maybe their function?

I have an '05 GMC Sierra 6.6L Diesel 6 Spd Std CC SB

Was yours a gas or diesel?

Thanks for any info you can provide me.

Do you want cruise control without cutting and splicing wires ? If your truck doesn't have the 4 wire connector then you need gm #26090777. I got mine off ebay from mttopwoman for #30.00 and they have atleast 2 more. There was another seller upip60 that had a new one for $109.00. I searched the internet and new ones from $110.00 to $160.00 from different gm parts stores. You can swap out the complete harness or just remove the 4 wire harness like I did and insert the 4 wires into the 52-pin connector located lower left of steering column. Its very easy. Less than an hour install This is how I did it. First, draw yourself a wiring diagram of the back of new 52-pin connector. On new harness you bought, remove center section of 52-pin connector. You'll see two holes that a small screwdriver will fit into.I stuck srewdriver in to these slots and wiggeled and pried till it came out. Then on this connector you have to slide the blue part off the connector off, then with small screwdriver insert in back of connector where the wire is and gently pull wire out back. Ok, now on your truck unplug 52-pin connector. You'll have to push the grey locking handle on 52-pin connector all the way to the right. You may have to remove the 52-pin connector from its mount ( two clips made to the left side of 52-pin connector.) You push or pull it sliding it forward or backwards I can't rememeber which way I moved it. Once you get it out remove the center section just like on the new one. Then remove blue part same as new one. Then find the hole/slot you need and insert wire. Make sure the pin connector is turned the right way before inserting. Then put it all back together. Mine worked I'm sure yours will too.
Pin #'s
Dark blue = B10
Brown = B18
attachicon.gif2010-11-06_212743_831641.gif

Edited by spruce_capital

so what truck you workin on..........jI have installed a cruise on 03-06 by just buying a turn signal switch with a cruise for the same year model. plug and play.........99-02 buy a turn signal switch with cruise controls and you still need a servo motor...the Throttle body is cable controlled..you can get them at a junk yard.....

• 3 years later...

Pin #'s

Dark blue = B10

Brown = B18

attachicon.gif2010-11-06_212743_831641.gif

I didn't find B10 on the diagram!!! Do you mean C10?

• 1 month later...

I didn't find B10 on the diagram!!! Do you mean C10?

I dont have a diagram in front of me but I have done this swap a few times. If memory recalls me correctly on some connectors on the column harness it had different designations. If you remove one from a salvage yard just mark the location of each pin.

• 5 years later...

PLEASE HELP!

Hi guys! New to me 2006 1500 wt, 4.8 4x4 192k miles. Adding cruise control. Bought stick with cruise, no connector for plug and play. After removing all items to gain access to the connector that houses all of the wires to the left of the column, I proceeded to strip and solder the wires to my wire extension, that is soldered to my new stick. I connected as follows:

STICK  WIRE COLOR                          CONNECTOR NUMBER

BLUE                                                    B1

BLACK                                                 B10

PINK (red in my case)                        A2

GRAY                                                   B32

After reconnecting the battery, putting most everything back, checking that the cc fuse was in the fuse box located in the cab, the cruise does not work. No light or anything.

Can somebody please point me in the right direction.

Thank you Tom.