This is my first gun that I bought. Its a Springfield .40 Sub Compact, I really do like it, was looking for something that was concealed, but powerful enough to get the job done. If, I ever had to defend myself in any type of dangerous situation. Also, good for home defense I guess. But I got older shotguns & rifles when I go hunt.

I tried to take some pics, I'm horrible at taking pictures of guns, not good at all. But I tried, here are some....

l3_pistols_springfield_xd_sub_compact_40_cal_41857.jpg

116.jpg

115.jpg

114.jpg

112.jpg

Nice, I have the XDm - 45 and its an excellent gun. The entire XD line is great for concealment as well as a good back for your buck. I particularly like the 13+1 clip as I have a bigger hand. I find it pretty sweet that the gun comes with everything you'd ever need (holster, speed loader, compact and extended clip). Once again congratz on the new gun. You wont be disappointed!

Thanks guys! Too be honest I haven't shot it yet, but I was wondering what would be a good brand of ammo to use? I don't want anything too cheap. My dad got upset that I got a Springfield, hes like why didn't you get a Sig or Smith & Wesson. He thinks that Springfields are cheap and trash?

My buddy has this exact gun & he has a Crimson Laser System on his, where is a good site for this? I like to mod this up a little bit.

IMHO Springfield is far better quality handguns than smith and wesson and sig sauer. I mean each manufacturer tends to have one line that they really do better than other companies. I have a Smith and Wesson M&P-15 and its an excellent AR-15. Sig here lately has been producing a fairly nice 1911 and springfield Xd lines are superb. Glock makes a nice gun, im not personally a fan of glocks but they are well made.

As far as your laser system, chek out cheaperthandirt.com budsgunshop.com and impactguns.com. I'm sure between one of those they'll carry it. Another place thats located in GA that I was impressed with was adventure outdoors (adventureoutdoors.us).

IMHO Springfield is far better quality handguns than smith and wesson and sig sauer. I mean each manufacturer tends to have one line that they really do better than other companies. I have a Smith and Wesson M&P-15 and its an excellent AR-15. Sig here lately has been producing a fairly nice 1911 and springfield Xd lines are superb. Glock makes a nice gun, im not personally a fan of glocks but they are well made.

As far as your laser system, chek out cheaperthandirt.com budsgunshop.com and impactguns.com. I'm sure between one of those they'll carry it. Another place thats located in GA that I was impressed with was adventure outdoors (adventureoutdoors.us).

Thanks bud!

I can't recommend cheaperthandirt. Their prices might be ok but they were among the first to start raping people on ammo costs after Obama won the election. Midway is a good place, I got some AR parts from them and was happy with their service. Only thing I didn't like is they use branded boxes so anyone who sees the ups box on your step knows its gun stuff. My usual vendor does discrete packaging and the business name is abbreviated so no one can tell what's in the box and thus what is likely to be in your house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice :) I went with a S&W M&P 40cal - I wanna say mines full size- 4" or so barrel.. Love em, I think there probably the biggest competetor for the XD line, both very good guns, cannot go wrong.

I wouldn't knock cheaperthandirt for their ammunition prices. No matter where you go after an election and and anti gun president is elected price of ammunition Jumps. The same thing happens with the price of guns. An AR-15 for example can double in price around an election because of simple supply and demand. I don't typically buy my ammo online but I do buy parts for builds from them and the quality as well as lead/ship time are always spot on. As far as pricing, that would be the reason I gave 3-4 competing websites.

I wouldn't knock cheaperthandirt for their ammunition prices. No matter where you go after an election and and anti gun president is elected price of ammunition Jumps. The same thing happens with the price of guns. An AR-15 for example can double in price around an election because of simple supply and demand. I don't typically buy my ammo online but I do buy parts for builds from them and the quality as well as lead/ship time are always spot on. As far as pricing, that would be the reason I gave 3-4 competing websites.

Yes I realize they all do it but CTD was among the first. It was funny too cause the box next their price that had the "standard" price with a "you save xx%" and for like a day, some of the percentages were negative because their price was higher than msrp. :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived