it looks like GM is Listening!

I went the Nashville Auto Show last sunday, and I noticed something in the Glove Boxes of the Cadillac ATS, the XTS, and the new Malibu: GLOVE BOX LIGHTS! looks like GM is FINALLY Listening to its Customers! Hopefully next up on the Standard feature list is a Glove Box and underhood Light on the new Silverado/Sierra!

what about the under hood light...??? where did that go :dunno:

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=91539

Oh I remember that thread. But really I still think gm is going back wards still. The standard options in the interiors are gettin worse. Body panels are paper thin, bumpers weigh about as much as a feather and rust REALLY easy, got rid of the big block, the 3/4 ton gas engines are falling behind, no half ton diesel....I could go on and on....

Never needed one. The underhood lights on vehicles that had them were dim and worthless anyhow. I'll take a small flashlight over that or even the light that the 400-series trucks had. It was a good idea but again a lousy output from the light. Same for the glove box light- with overhead lights I can't say I've ever needed one. But to each their own I suppose.

what about the under hood light...??? where did that go :dunno:

http://www.gm-trucks...showtopic=91539

Oh I remember that thread. But really I still think gm is going back wards still. The standard options in the interiors are gettin worse. Body panels are paper thin, bumpers weigh about as much as a feather and rust REALLY easy, got rid of the big block, the 3/4 ton gas engines are falling behind, no half ton diesel....I could go on and on....

GM's HD gas engine only fell behind Ford in the past year or two when they made the 6.2 standard. The new DI engines will fix that. As for bumpers and body panels- you won't find a truck that isn't like that. Thank the govt for their stupid CAFE laws and forcing the manufacturers to make trucks lighter wherever possible. They also have no incentive to make strong bumpers- the 5 mph minimum was for cars only and in the name of weight reduction that is now 2.5 MPH anyhow- trucks always were exempt from the bumper testing. Big blocks are gone and will never come back- the smaller gas engines to a better job and again CAFE requirements would never allow it. As for a half ton diesel, no one makes one so you can't single out GM on that and even the one they did offer in the 90s sucked anyhow.

I'm not "singling" out anything, just obviously stating the things that lots of people "want".

What about 3/4 ton pump rub issue??? after years of vehicles with the SAME problem GM still didnt recall the part that was costing alot of people thousands!!! Or what about leaky tranny lines??? they STILL have a problem with the cold to this day!! and gm has yet to do anything about it!! i could go on forever with issues that still arent addressed that have been going on for years. I don't need an explanation about why they took those things you mention away lol. All in saying is ya they come out with some stuff that's good, but they stop making more stuff that used to be standard or better quality. And sometimes they wont recall stuff that should be recalled. It upsets the balance I think...

All the manufacturers are the same,

I'm not singling out gm. They all have on-going issues just like gm. All I'm saying is I really don't think gm "listens" to what the people want. All they care about is coming up with new tv commercials and new names for cars every two years.

I'm forever a gm guy, but I think we can all admit I miss the god damn hood light. It helped man, I don't care what anybody says. It was better than nothing!!! LOL

No one makes a half ton diesel?! Give me a break, GM and Toyota both make them, just not here.

And I miss the hood light too, my 1990 had 2 if them!! Can't I at least get one?

Well we all know that. This is exactly what I'm saying. Hate burst ur bubble and say it to the OP but gm isn't listening lol.

No one makes a half ton diesel?! Give me a break, GM and Toyota both make them, just not here.

And I miss the hood light too, my 1990 had 2 if them!! Can't I at least get one?

No one would buy the half ton diesels you're talking about- a midsize truck that costs about the same if not slightly more than a US-style fullsize? Not happening.

Things that would be nice. light in the glove compart ment , and in the middle console, light on the floors, and a good bright light in the engine compartment. Rads with a filler hole and a drain hole. Nice big heavy bolts for the drain oil and other things that get screwed on and off alot.

I think GM,ford,dodge or any auto maker does not want customers working on there own vehicals and make things such a pain that they want them to take them in and charge you a arm and a leg to get it done.

example the heater core in my truck looks really hard to change out if i ever had to do it . In the older chevs it was like 4 bolts to get to it from under a cover.

Things that would be nice. light in the glove compartment , and in the middle console, light on the floors, and a good bright light in the engine compartment. Rads with a filler hole and a drain hole. Nice big heavy bolts for the drain oil and other things that get screwed on and off alot.

I think GM,ford,dodge or any auto maker does not want customers working on there own vehicles and make things such a pain that they want them to take them in and charge you a arm and a leg to get it done.

example the heater core in my truck looks really hard to change out if i ever had to do it . In the older chevs it was like 4 bolts to get to it from under a cover.

so That probably explains why my Aveo's Drain Plug is a Blasted T-45 Torx Bolt, and not a Classic Hex Bolt like what's on our Truck! (Thank GOD I actually HAVE a Torx Bit Set so I can change my own oil, although my Aveo's Last oil Change cost me a WHOPPING $40 to do it Myself!) and to Chevyboy: We will know if GM has been Listening to all the various GM Truck Forums (this one included) on December 13th.

I'm not "singling" out anything, just obviously stating the things that lots of people "want".

What about 3/4 ton pump rub issue??? after years of vehicles with the SAME problem GM still didnt recall the part that was costing alot of people thousands!!! Or what about leaky tranny lines??? they STILL have a problem with the cold to this day!! and gm has yet to do anything about it!! i could go on forever with issues that still arent addressed that have been going on for years. I don't need an explanation about why they took those things you mention away lol. All in saying is ya they come out with some stuff that's good, but they stop making more stuff that used to be standard or better quality. And sometimes they wont recall stuff that should be recalled. It upsets the balance I think...

All the manufacturers are the same,

I'm not singling out gm. They all have on-going issues just like gm. All I'm saying is I really don't think gm "listens" to what the people want. All they care about is coming up with new tv commercials and new names for cars every two years.

I'm forever a gm guy, but I think we can all admit I miss the god damn hood light. It helped man, I don't care what anybody says. It was better than nothing!!! LOL

Feel free to contact me and I would be happy to make a note of these recommendations and pass them along to the proper department. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.

Archived