Which Tire?

Blackout18

I have a 2013 chevy 1500 4x4, im about to lift it and throw on a set of 35" tires. Which tire do you guys think? Toyo open country mt or Cooper Discovery stt? I was looking at the weight of the tires and toyos weigh about 81 lbs per tire and the cooper tire weighs about 65 lbs per tire which is a big difference in weight when it comes to turning the tires. Im not sure how the tread life is on the cooper tire though, I know toyos get pretty good tread life. Which on you guys think?

post-119385-0-74011200-1356715843_thumb.jpg

post-119385-0-38233000-1356715849_thumb.jpg

You guys think it would be a big difference with one tire weighing almost 20 lbs more when it comes to saving some mpgs?

You will definately notice the difference. I am getting about .75 mpg less going from stock tires to my LTs. That was averaging about 20000 miles on each set.

cooper STTs are great tires

You think the fact they weigh 15lbs lighter is gonna make a big difference when it comes to turning them vs the toyos?

I've heard very good things on both the toyo's and coop's! You can't wrong with either but if it was me I'd go with the toyo's !!

Sent from my smartass iPhone using Tapatalk

I got toyo at and like them. We put coopers on the fleet at work and they handle the muck well.

It's a toss up. I'm buying coopers next though.

I don't know much about tire construction but wouldn't more weight mean more material?

Sent from my Nokia 5190 using Tapatalk 2

had both. both great tires. comes down to what deal you can get IMO, i had toyos before the coopers i have on now. only 1 set of toyos. but this is my 3rd set of STT's never had one issue to speak of. they are great tires. check out this deal.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?ra=searchTiresBySize.do&pc=10604&counter=1&ar=1250&rd=17&sw=false&cs=35

had both. both great tires. comes down to what deal you can get IMO, i had toyos before the coopers i have on now. only 1 set of toyos. but this is my 3rd set of STT's never had one issue to speak of. they are great tires. check out this deal.

http://www.discountt...&sw=false&cs=35

What kind of mileage do you get out of the coopers?

What kind of mileage do you get out of the coopers?

Well, the first set I had lasted about 50k Kms, but I wasn't easy on them. They were on a hopped up RCSB Chevy which I had a Detroit locker in the bak as well. They didn't have an easy life but they still lasted about 50k Kms, the second set probly about the same. But I was hard on that truck. I'm sure if you were easy on them you could get 60k miles out of them. But you can't expect great life, they are mud terrains, they aren't gonna last as long no matter what you do.

Have you ever looked at dick cepek fun country 2's? I had a set they were awesome tires!! Made by cooper as well. Mickey Thompson mtz's or atz's are nice as well. Can't vouch for the STT 35's I have on now cuz I just got them.

Well, the first set I had lasted about 50k Kms, but I wasn't easy on them. They were on a hopped up RCSB Chevy which I had a Detroit locker in the bak as well. They didn't have an easy life but they still lasted about 50k Kms, the second set probly about the same. But I was hard on that truck. I'm sure if you were easy on them you could get 60k miles out of them. But you can't expect great life, they are mud terrains, they aren't gonna last as long no matter what you do.

Have you ever looked at dick cepek fun country 2's? I had a set they were awesome tires!! Made by cooper as well. Mickey Thompson mtz's or atz's are nice as well. Can't vouch for the STT 35's I have on now cuz I just got them.

Ok thanks!

I've had both. My STT's were nice, but only lasted a little over 20k before they started wearing fast, getting loud and knocking out of balance. I then went to the Toyo MTs. My first set had about 40k on them and were still in great shape when I took them off to upgrade to a larger size (again with Toyos). I sold my previous set to a guy with a Duramax for some pretty good money. My current set is as good as always, and I'm already considering selling them off / upgrading in size again.

Also, around my parts, the Toyo and Cooper run about the exact same pricewise (cheaper than Micky Thompson, Dick Cepek and even NIttos for the most part)

Archived