Power Numbers

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought I read somewhere that they were going to put a 6.2 iron block in the HDs. Did I just make that up?

I was thinking the same thing. I am pretty sure I saw something about the HDs were getting the 6.2 in 2014. With the direct injection mpg numbers and HP should be up.

I was thinking the same thing. I am pretty sure I saw something about the HDs were getting the 6.2 in 2014. With the direct injection mpg numbers and HP should be up.

Im really hoping that they can get the MPG up there like my old 96 with the Vortec 350. I got 17mpg out of that 3/4 ton, but only ever got 14.5 out of my 06 with the 6.0 gas guzzler. Ide be happy with anything over 15. i havent gotten over 15 mpg out of my last 3 trucks, but one had a 6.0L, and the other two had oversized tires and lifts.

How awesome would it be to get a 2500 that can get 20mpg.

Yeah I would like a HD with the 6.2 in it for hauling hay in from the fields and pulling the GN with cattle to the sale barn. My pulling is mostly slow speeds in and out of fields where no engine is going to get good MPG. But if it could get 20 mpg empty on the highway they would sell a ton of them.

I read that somewhere too.

I knew I wasnt crazy.

• 4 weeks later...

It would be sweet if they got the V-6 a good amount of power that could dust the 5.0 lol, Ford would be on the panic then, probably would lead them to throw some turbo's on their trucks as a standard. Darn that GM!!!! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived