Power Numbers

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Floor rep at the Fort Worth Stock Show told me that they will wait to see what Ford and Ram publish for their new towing and payload numbers first before relasing any numbers for the 2014 Silverado or Sierra. They dont want the competition having time to one-up them. Not sure how true this is, but thats what I got.

Floor rep at the Fort Worth Stock Show told me that they will wait to see what Ford and Ram publish for their new towing and payload numbers first before relasing any numbers for the 2014 Silverado or Sierra. They dont want the competition having time to one-up them. Not sure how true this is, but thats what I got.

Guess its best for them to be tactical right now than jump the gun. But still the anticipation is killing me!

Im more concerned with the 6.2 anyway, because my next one will be a 2500, just for the heavier duty parts. Dont actually need a 2500, but growing up on a farm, Im used to the 2500, and I like the added peace of mind that comes from tougher built parts.

Im more concerned with the 6.2 anyway, because my next one will be a 2500, just for the heavier duty parts. Dont actually need a 2500, but growing up on a farm, Im used to the 2500, and I like the added peace of mind that comes from tougher built parts.

There is no way of saying that the 6.2 is going to be offered in the 2500HD - they have stayed away from alum blocks in the HD series for several years now. BTW I would like to see the 6.2 in the 2500HD along with a small diesel for the 1500 series

There is no way of saying that the 6.2 is going to be offered in the 2500HD - they have stayed away from alum blocks in the HD series for several years now. BTW I would like to see the 6.2 in the 2500HD along with a small diesel for the 1500 series

Yep they wont put the aluminum block in the Heavy Duty Trucks. The best chance for a new motor in 2500 is a new duramax and its a few years out.

Archived