Wheel Offset and Tire Size Question

Just purchased a 2013 silverado CrewCab 4x4 6.2l pickup with 3:73 gears. The puny 265/70/17 tires look ridiculous and I want to change them. I run a machine shop so I will be machining a 1" spacer to go under the front struts and that should yield a 2" lift if the research I've done on these trucks is correct. So with that said, here is my questions.

I am going to either a 18x9 or 20x9 wheel, all the wheels I am interested are offered with a +10 to +20 offset. Tire sizes I am interested in are 275/70/18, 275/60/20, or 305/50/20.

So with the mentioned wheels, offsets, and tires, will I have a issue running any combination listed with the 2" lift?

Thanks in advance guys, I have been searching for a week but have found no definitive answer.

My new 20x9" +20mm offset wheels should be here this week. I have a 2" RC level kit. I think I'm going to go 275/60/20. Unfortunately we just got a bunch more snow Friday so it will be a few more weeks till they go on at least. It's sounds like a 33" tall tire no matter what Rim diameter you choose is the largest you can go.

From everything i read. 20x9 w/ a 275/60/20 should fit no problem but may rub a little at full lock when turning. People who run stock wheels with +31mm offset and a 275/60/20 don't see to rub at all.

Pretty sure this is the route i am going to go. I have found set of wheels I like in 20x9 with a +30 offset. Think that may be the hot ticket. Ive had both a 07.5 and 09 2500 Duramax 4x4's and a 12 and 13 1500, the 07.5 I leveled and put 33's on with no issue using factory hummer wheels, but the 3/4 ton also has a higher stance from the get go. Ive never tried this with a half ton before. I just got done machining some strut spacers so I guess my next step is order wheels and tires!

My new 20x9" +20mm offset wheels should be here this week. I have a 2" RC level kit. I think I'm going to go 275/60/20. Unfortunately we just got a bunch more snow Friday so it will be a few more weeks till they go on at least. It's sounds like a 33" tall tire no matter what Rim diameter you choose is the largest you can go.

From everything i read. 20x9 w/ a 275/60/20 should fit no problem but may rub a little at full lock when turning. People who run stock wheels with +31mm offset and a 275/60/20 don't see to rub at all.

If you stay with a positive offset, you'll have fewer problems with fitment. Mud flaps can be a PITA with larger tires and aftermarket rims....but they can also be trimmed fairly easily. Factory 20's are 20x8.5 with +31mm offset....so the closer you stay to that, the better off you'll be. A 20x9 with +18mm offset (or similar) would look good. A 20x9 with a really high positive offset (like +30 or higher) would probably clear the flaps with 305/50's....but may rub the sway bar on the inside.

If you stay with a positive offset, you'll have fewer problems with fitment. Mud flaps can be a PITA with larger tires and aftermarket rims....but they can also be trimmed fairly easily. Factory 20's are 20x8.5 with +31mm offset....so the closer you stay to that, the better off you'll be. A 20x9 with +18mm offset (or similar) would look good. A 20x9 with a really high positive offset (like +30 or higher) would probably clear the flaps with 305/50's....but may rub the sway bar on the inside.

This. Stick with 10-20

20x9 with a +30 it is.... Against recommendation I'm not going to run a 305, I don't need the width or the extra rolling resistance that comes with it. 275/60/20 will give me the height and appearance I after and I believe the +30 offset should give it a stock like appearance from the front and cause me less rubbing issues. I really don't care for the tires sticking out past the body lines anyways.

I personally wouldn't go with +30. Tastes change over time and you may want a wider tire later on. Go with something in the 10 to 20 range and leave yourself some wiggle room. Trust me, they won't stick out.

I personally wouldn't go with +30. Tastes change over time and you may want a wider tire later on. Go with something in the 10 to 20 range and leave yourself some wiggle room. Trust me, they won't stick out.

As long as a 20x9 +30 maintains the stock look and doesn't pull in any further I am fine with that. (It shouldn't considering the + 31 factory offset). I have no want to go wider, it's driven on the highway 99% of the time. A wider tire serves no purpose other then increasing drag and causing worse fuel mileage. I'm after the height and fuller wheel well, not a wide or aggressive stance. Less rubbing issues it has the better as well.

Also, I never keep a truck more then two years, I'm sure the next generation gmt platform will have different wheel and tire needs. This one will never see a second set of tires.

I really appreciate the input though, thank you.

• 2 weeks later...

Those should work just fine, I'd vote for 20x9 and 305/50/20 :cheers:

You SHOULD have at least a 9.5" rim for that tire.

I run a 285x45xR22 on a 22x9.5 rim (+34mm offset), on a stock height 2013 Yukon Denali, with no rubbing issues whatsoever.

I run a 285x45xR22 on a 22x9.5 rim (+34mm offset), on a stock height 2013 Yukon Denali, with no rubbing issues whatsoever.

I believe 8 is within specs, so 9 will be fine. It's only a 12" wide tire.

I disagree, 8.5 to 11 wide is all good for a 33x12. I ran 33x12.50 on 18x9, and so do thousands of other people. Most tire manufactures do say 9.5 would be ideal though.

I believe 8 is within specs, so 9 will be fine. It's only a 12" wide tire.

X2

Archived