My grandson needs your help!

Portdriver

My grandson, Roman, needs your help to win a wheelchair accessible van.

My local hero is my grandson, Roman Ulrich. Roman is 5 years old with a laugh and a smile that will melt your heart. He began having seizures at 3 months and was diagnosed with Dravet’s Syndrome (a rare, severe form of Epilepsy) in June of 2009. He had been in and out of Children’s Hospital for those first few years while they were trying to put a name to his condition and try to get the seizures under control. In June of 2011 Roman had surgery (VNS therapy) which was supposed to help keep the seizures under control and reduce the medication. He went from 6 different daily meds to 2 that he takes 3 times a day and the VNS is used intermittently to help control the seizures which he has daily. As a result, Roman is severely disabled. He cannot sit by himself, stand, walk or feed himself. He is currently In the Early Child Development program at Western Pennsylvania School for Blind Children. He does have some vision but doesn’t have total control. He has made some progress on his motor skills but has a long way to go. Roman is a growing boy (has a healthy appetite) and it is getting increasing difficult to transport him. His mom has to take him out of his wheelchair and lift him into a carseat and lift the heavy chair into her cargo area. Winning this wheelchair accessible van will be a dream come true for Roman and his family. Please vote for Roman!!

Please go to http://www.mobilityawarenessmonth.com/entrant/roman-ulrich-pittsburgh-pa/ to vote. You can vote once a day. There's also an extra vote question. If you get it right you get 2 votes. Please feel free to share with your friends and post on fb.

Thank you!

LAST DAY! May 10th.

MAY 10th EXTRA VOTE ANSWER: 5

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A big THANK YOU to everyone who took the time to vote. And a bump for the post as well :cheers:

Thanks for voting for Roman. We are in 2nd place in the Pittsburgh area. Voting is over May 10th. With your help we have a real chance of winning. Could you please vote again today? http://www.mobilityawarenessmonth.com/entrant/roman-ulrich-pittsburgh-pa/

Archived