Tranny over heating while towing

I was waiting for the HD, but it got delayed and my phone wasn't going to last much longer so I decided to just get this one. It came out about a month after I bought it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mirrors were about $300. They are knock offs of the GM mirrors. Wheels are knock offs of the Silverado SS. I get bored and change things too often to bite the bullet on GM parts

I was waiting for the HD, but it got delayed and my phone wasn't going to last much longer so I decided to just get this one. It came out about a month after I bought it.

There was a review on amazon and the guy stated this one is better constructed and comes with more installation items.

B&M 70268 SuperCooler Automatic Transmission

Cooler

what do you think?

That is the cooler behind my grille. I like it. It was a very easy install.

2012-01-13_11-09-11_321_zps9fb848d1.jpg

2012-01-13_11-08-49_695_zps0e44c33b.jpg

I run it. I have had it for about a year

With all due repsect...cutting steel lines and replacing them with rubber is asking for trouble. You just took a closed looped system and used rubber lines.....not good. There are fittings available on the Internet from several sources (summit racing for one) that you can add on to your steel lines and screw those in to your new cooler.

The one pictured is not a good install IMHO.

If that is directed at me, my truck did not come with the factory cooler. I didn't cut any steel lines to install mine

With all due repsect...cutting steel lines and replacing them with rubber is asking for trouble. You just took a closed looped system and used rubber lines.....not good. There are fittings available on the Internet from several sources (summit racing for one) that you can add on to your steel lines and screw those in to your new cooler.

no one was saying to cut anything. I am looking for a direct replacement to the factory one.

While I agree that persons install I posted, uses too much hose, there is nothing wrong with using the hose IMHO. We've got about 42 trucks, give or take, with larger aftermarket coolers installed in this fashion, (using rubber hose crimped onto the trans line and the cooler.) no leaks. A little over 1/2 are 800 series, with mileage between 140k - +250k. So we're talking some trucks being 9 years old. The aftermarket hose outlasts the OEM hose that leaks on these trucks and causes people to replace the entire cooler line. Guess you forgot about the OEM rubber portions of the "closed loop system", huh? :D

But yes there are several other ways of mounting, including using stainless steel braided line.

Here's a pic using hard parts up front. You still have OEM rubber under the hood, behind the grill.

TruCool012.jpg

Check out my pics in my gallery. I think I hooked mine up pretty good I think.

Also, if you want it to hook straight up to the stock lines with the clips, check out a tranny cooler off of a 06 express 3500 2wd with a 4.8/ 6.0L. Same width as the stock lines, but would need to modify a bracket to make it fit properly. I was going to go that route but had already bought my b&m supercooler. The one off the express vans are about 1.5X bigger than the stock one I had on my 02.

Check out my pics in my gallery. I think I hooked mine up pretty good I think.

Also, if you want it to hook straight up to the stock lines with the clips, check out a tranny cooler off of a 06 express 3500 2wd with a 4.8/ 6.0L. Same width as the stock lines, but would need to modify a bracket to make it fit properly. I was going to go that route but had already bought my b&m supercooler. The one off the express vans are about 1.5X bigger than the stock one I had on my 02.

did you have a cooler already?

I understand what you are saying, but we got a few bigger trucks at work like 5 tons and they got rubber lines running to the cooler, I know cause I serviced the transmission on one, stock from the factory.

That is the cooler behind my grille. I like it. It was a very easy install.

2012-01-13_11-09-11_321_zps9fb848d1.jpg

2012-01-13_11-08-49_695_zps0e44c33b.jpg

I see you ran your lines on top, were you afraid of trapped air? Did you have an existing Trans cooler?

Archived