Tranny over heating while towing

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im in the same boat! If Im a little aggressive my temp goes up to 110F.

That's it, 110? I wish mine ran that cool. Mine is normally 80 degrees above ambient and 100 degrees above ambient while towing

That's it, 110? I wish mine ran that cool. Mine is normally 80 degrees above ambient and 100 degrees above ambient while towing

Yeah 110 would be nice!!! I looked at your write up on the Trans cooler nice job! I noticed your lines are pointing downward, I assume it makes no difference?

I kept it that way for two reasons: 1) to keep the minimum amount of rubber hose, and 2) the stock lines are like that, so figured they did it for a reason.

Reason I don't like a lot of rubber hose (aftermarket hose) is because I had one blow up on me and cost me a new tranny

Ya it stays around 200-210 while towing. And I do have a cooler I really just want a replacement one that will bolt on and keep it few deg cooler

Ya it stays around 200-210 while towing. And I do have a cooler I really just want a replacement one that will bolt on and keep it few deg cooler

My lines are coming from the bottom not the top. I didnt have a cooler from the factory. I will be getting a new cooler at some point. The one I am looking at is larger, and utilizes AN fittings

My lines are coming from the bottom not the top. I didnt have a cooler from the factory. I will be getting a new cooler at some point. The one I am looking at is larger, and utilizes AN fittings

Are you currently using B&M 70268 SuperCooler Automatic Transmission Cooler?

Archived