'11 is going to need tires soon, suggestions?

bowserb

Hey, now that's the ticket, jd! Those look great! Oh yeah, Nitto is a Japanese company. Like Bridgestone and many others now, Japanese company, but they make them here. Love that!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Michelin LTX M/S is an awesome tire. By looking at the tread you would never think it was an excellent snow and ice and mild offroad tire. I know people that get 70k-90k miles out of them. The Cooper tires I have had in the past have also been good. I had a set of Bridgestone REVO's but after 6 years I took them off because they got hard on me... (35K miles and plenty of tread left)

I would agree that they are a great tire except for the ice/snow gripping...I slowly (I mean under 5 mph) and started down a hill and proceeded to slide through an intersection after one block. I am considering purchasing a dedicated set of snow tires for the truck. If snow and ice are not an issue I would go with the Michelin.

bbwb

Michelin LTX M/S2 and Cooper is TOPS on my list for tires when my need replacing on my 2011. I had Coopers on my 2001 2500HD(Sold) and was really impressed with the quality, traction and tread life ( I had the big 8.1L V8)

I went with Goodyear SilentArmor on my 2006 2500HD (Duramax)(got a great deal on them The tires were wearing well - tread wise but... I had to replace two after 30,000 miles due to one of the tires side wall started to bulge out. I have 121,000 miles now and replaced the stock tires at 64,000 miles with the Goodyears. The two Goodyears that didn't get replaced have 57,000 miles and tread life is still good I figured I can still go another 25,000 give or take. Not sure why one of the tires started to go, I pull goosenecks etc, with this truck and I know the tires are good for the weight. Prob. defective or all the potholes around here.

Honestly I'll even consider sticking with the stock General Tires too, I have over 58,000 miles on my daily driver 2011 1500 4.3L V6 4x2 and still have 7/32's tread life left. Only rotated once(due to difference in tread depth 9/32 in front, 8/32's rear) and never balanced and there holding up great. I don't mud bog, but they had good traction in the snow, fields I drive threw and the gravel back country roads I've been down.

• 2 months later...

What about hankook Dynapro ATM RF10 tires...anyone run these on a full size truck?? They were great on my Canyon...3 years, 35,00 miles and look brand new when I traded the truck. Great in snow, wet, and dry...never had in the mud.

Archived