How to remove the air intake breather hose at the valve cover on a 6.2

_Nomad_

Question

Title says it all. I'm installing an Airaid intake and I can't figure out how to remove the stock intake breather hose from the valve cover.

It is a 6.2L L9H engine.

thanks.

7 answers to this question

Unfortunately, mine isn't like that, It has some sort of fitting, no clamps. It spins all the way around on that fitting but I can't seem to figure out how it comes off.

Dr_who_rain.gif

Edited by _Nomad_
  • Like 1

Pic?

Here ya go. It swivels around and around but I can't find where it disconnects at.

Denali_intakehose1_zpsdd9ebe4d.jpg

Ok, I figured it out. It is a very strange connection. You have to turn the connector to just the right position, then stick a small headed standard screw driver down inside the housing to move a tiny little clip while pulling toward the front of the car. Very strange, so I took a picture of the connector in hopes it might help someone else out.

Sorry for the blurry pic, but it still shows the wonky connection. If it's too blurry for you guys I'll take another one.

Denali_intakehose2_zps1a070a1d.jpg

Now the question is, do anyone know of a metal connector to take the place of that crappy plastic one. On my left valve cover, the fitting is in the back, and I am installing a catch can but do not want to use the plastic connector.

Sorry, forgot to say that this is for a 2017 Chevy Silverado 2500hd 6.0l with SC