2006 Towing Mirrors Question

Looking at picking up a set of towing mirrors for my 2006. The truck currently has the power folding, signal, dimming mirrors. I notice on alot of adds they state that the mirrors will not work with these options. I realize the towing mirrors aren't power folding or auto dimming. Is it just that these options will not work with the new mirrors? Or are there issues controlling them?

Thanks

Thanks. Was worried they would have different connectors or something. Didn't want to find that out after I drove to Montana to pick them up.

Are the Kool Vue's a reputable/quality product?

I have them. The lenses shake a little, but the music I listen to has a lot of bass and I drive about 80-85 on the highway, I am assuming you are looking at part numbers GM73EL-S and GM73ER-S so you still have signals.

Yeah those are the ones. Was thinking of going without the signals (never had them on other trucks) but I guess I'll stick with them again this time.

i have power heated mirrors on my 2011 sierra, any idea if i added tows with heat, power and signals if they would work?

They will. If you decide to do it check the link at the bottom of my post.

Yeah those are the ones. Was thinking of going without the signals (never had them on other trucks) but I guess I'll stick with them again this time.

Just get the ones with everything. They will work even if your factory mirrors didnt have the functions. I had a set of basic power mirrors and swapped them for loaded tow mirrors and everything worked.

As far as Kool Vue mirrors go, thats what I have and I like em. Cant tell them from factory.

I had some luck gluing fishing weights to the back of them on my work Duramax. Didn't completely solve the issue but damped out the vibrations some.

Archived