Shiny, for now

tyhuck

Well, it only took me 4 hours, but I finally got it done. Washed, used Maguires Scratch X 2.0 on the worst scratches, buffed the whole truck with Maguires Ultimate Compound, then hit it with a thick coat of Turtle Wax, and buffed it all out with a microfiber buff. Now I remember why I only do this once a year.

By the time I finished, it looked like rain (go figure, even though there was no chance of rain in the forecast), so you cant really tell how shiny it is, but its pretty dang close to a mirror shine. And, if you place your fingers on the paint, its so slick it feels like its wet.

null_zps927a9c7f.jpg

null_zps60a4088b.jpg

null_zpsde4bc5b4.jpg

Do you really need to Clay bar? Very nice job!

Do a Baggie test

A clay bar will make te paint super smooth, amazing what it removes

Ryan

I wish I had the patience to do the detail work you all do. Especially now that I barely drive the truck. Just sucks that it sits outside. I could rent a garage at my complex but I don't think my truck would fit.

Do a Baggie test A clay bar will make te paint super smooth, amazing what it removes Ryan

Im not doubting that it will improve the results, but just to illustrate how slick this thing is now, I was pumping gas this afternoon and leaned up against the truck at an angle and slid right off the side. I almost fell over had I not been able to move my feet quick enough. I know some people really get into detailing, but Im not a perfectionist, and I really dont think my attention span or energy level could handle adding a step as time comsuming at claying. Heck, it takes me 12 months to recover enough to get the gumption and drive to do what I did.

Its kinda funny, I spend the time each summer getting the scratches off, and keeping the truck clean, while every fall and winter I take it through the woods and scratch it up, and it stays covered in mud and road grime. Its a vicious cycle.

You would be very surprized the stuff the clay will remove on what you thought was a clean truck

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

After taking my truck mudding i washed it 4 times thoroughly before Claying it... I only got to use that clay bar once because by the time I was done it was black and the truck even "looked" clean before it

Archived