Adding Navigation to Intellilink / MyLink System

Hi all,

I just picked up a 2015 LTZ. My dealer is adding the navigation kit as I type this. I cant comment on how well it works out cause it isn't done yet.

Mine is the first one they have done and the tech is having issues with the software update.

The kit advertised in Chevrolet's accessory catalog is the parts only. i.e. new HMI module and antenna harness, using the sharkfin. It does not come preprogrammed though, so it is not plug and play.

And... for the record, this is specific to the 2015, it will not work in a 2014.

After installation it would need a trip to your local dealer to download and install the nav software.

Advantages:

Its dealer installed, covered by factory warranty and all software updates are valid. (No chance of erasing the nav software)

Chevrolet recognizes the installation so there are no issues with the VIN not showing a nav install as it is updated during the install procedure.

Disadvantages:

while the kit is $675.00 on the web, you will have to pay for programming. (unless you know someone) it could easily cost more than the price quoted here.

I'll update after I get it back.

Do you know what they are charging you for the kit and installation?

It was included in the purchase of the truck... long story there.

The kit as advertised from GM is $950.00 or so, then add the cost of the installation and programming from the dealer.

I suppose you could buy the kit from GMparts online, install it yourself and then go to the dealer for programming, but I would research with your dealer first to ensure they are onboard.

I still don't have my truck back yet... my dealer has had to contact tech support because they cant seem to figure out why they cant get it programmed. Stay tuned...

Might be better to go with one of the guys here at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GM is coming out with Apple CarPlay with their 2016 models... I wonder if Kodiakz's kits will take an update to have this feature.....

Just got mine from Kodiakz...works on my 2015 Silverado. very satisfied... install took all about 15 minutes. installed the HMI. I didn't remove the pillar to install the antenna (used velco to mount). I called XM, the first guy said that he cant do it, but got his supervisor and unlocked travel link for me. Travel link was 5$ for 6 months. I don't know if travel link is supposed to come with traffic? 3D maps is cool. shows mountains and whatnot. I'm still trying to figure it out a bit. I want to program my home address in there and so its easy to click or just say go home, but I don't know if that is possible.

Yes Justin, that is possible. Save your home address as a contact. Suggestion, don't use the name "home." You will have better luck with the voice recognition software if you use something that has a more distinct sound than the word "home."

Recently tried the Rostra 250-7620 , purchased through a local distributor on two company trucks. One with 8" and one with 4.2" screen and Rostra Navigation add on worked great. It even came with digitizer for 4.2 screen. Cost of ea kit was up there at $950, but easy to install only took installer 45mins at most. Completely up-datable

http://www.rostra.com/2014-2015-silverado-sierra-navigation-mylink-add-on.php

Also picked up a video in motion deactivation for $190 from crux that allowed me to use alot of features while driving

Tried to pm Kodiakz, it tells me he cannot receive any new messages??? Anyone know how to contact him??? Thanks

mailbox may be full ... i spoke with him earlier today he is quick to respond just takes some time from all the PM's..

kodiakz.... I just placed an order for one .... can't wait to receive it and get it installed ... i will show before and after pics on here once finished

kodiakz......received your package today ....had it installed in about 30 mins a true plug and play sry about not having pics I installed it in the parking lot of advance auto * free tools* I can say this tho just took out 4 screws and dropped my lower glovebox and walla there was the unit took it out and replaced it and connected the GPS unit finished.... longest part was arguing with xm support about the travel link subscription once I got a manager and after 5 mins he had it up and running ....so much nicer running a 8 inch GPS screen rather then a small garmin unit.....

I have had a Kodiakz for over a year and no problems whatsoever.

My question is about updating the maps. We travel lots with our TT and will be going west for a 3 week trip. Considering ordering the maps update prior to but have no way to know what version I have?

Archived