Adding Navigation to Intellilink / MyLink System

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you message me how much MVI charges for the phone mirroring module? Would love to run Google maps and movies on the big screen.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know I sent you a link to contact MVI INC, Thought you mtght be interested in reading this review at http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/175116-2015-silverado-smartphone-mirroring-guide/

I looked at this too but read the GM IO6 wasn't pre-programmed, "had to taken to your dealer for the VIN", that was my problem, my dealer (one of the largest) said they couldn't add the VIN to the IO6 because the factory GM programmers they use can only access by the VIN, and the IO6 was not in the original build by VIN.

There are others here or elsewhere that can perform this VIN match by ether the purchase of the IO6 from them already matched, or have a IO6 VIN matched by someone that offers that service.

After being educated on this, I decided to not go with the limited IO6, thou it is plug-n-play. Anyway went with a smartphone mirroring system instead. Way more bang for the $.

Preprogrammed HMI module, gps antenna (can't use splitter as only trucks that come from the factory with nav have the antenna cabling that utilizes the splitter) 15 minutes and you are done! We actually did not need to program the tuner nor the VCIM. all voice commands worked fine. There are aftermarket systems that will work and cost less, just not as well as the oem unit

Hi Kodiakz, I've ordered a 2015 gmc sierra with an 8" stereo with no NAV. what's the cost of buying that kit of yours ?

Saw this on YouTube in case anyones interested.

2014+ Silverado Sierra IO4 - IO6 GPS Navigation U…:

I'm glad they don't show you a day or two later when they realize all of the stuff that doesn't work properly after putting the wrong module for a 14 in. Oh you lost song name display no biggie, oh the frame changes crashed the instrument cluster oh well, oh the media disc player won't play discs anymore too bad. Oh the display text runs off the screen darn! The list goes on and on and on.

I hope it will be a simple swap of modules to get Apple Carplay when it comes out.

It's not. I mean it's not if you want the stuff you already had to work correctly lol

I had looked at them earlier in the year for a Impalla system. At the time I didn't notice a specified system for a Silverado MyLink, but I hadn't purchased a new truck yet.

Seeing your post got me thinking (hard to do), the smartphone mirror system I recently installed from MVI/GM-Navigation in my new Silverado, had Cadillac 2015/2016 on the CAN bus and the MyLink interface so perhaps Sintegrate has a Silverado system too.

btw- My new smartphone mirror guide is done. http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/175444-new-2015-silverado-smartphone-mirroring-guide/

I think you gents need to start looking for alternative sources for the upgrade.

Gm-navigation.com has a smoking deal on a limited amount of units right now should probably call them asap ;)

Archived