Adding Navigation to Intellilink / MyLink System

Hey guys first time post here. I have installed the kit bought from Kodiakz. The kit is super easy to install even with simple hand tools and very little know how. He is very helpful and nice to deal with. This system has upgraded my IO5 system to the GM factory IO6 with all factory functions. All you have to do to install is remove the lower glove box (2 push pins and the string), then remove the 4 torx screws (i thing they were t15) snap out the back panel after that. Look in and up and the module is right there disconnect and install new one. I removed the 2 A pillar covers to remove the whole front cowl. It goes from speaker cover to speaker cover, clips in the front and hooks in the rear. Installed the supplied antena and ran wire right to the module.

I will snap some pics in the morning with some light.

thank you again Mike

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The module has no antenna attached to it. Leave every thing alone. Just unplug the 5 connectors remove module install new plug in 5 plugs (all color coded) then run the new antenna wire to module and plug in. That's it.

did this thing from kodiakz just give you the stock navi or did it also give the other features of the navi unit? such as weather and the ability to add apps and such? im not sure all the features, but reading the manual is sounds like weather and the ability to add other apps (as well as im sure many other things) all come with the Navi unit. I have the 8" touch screen without Navi, Im currently using google nav and bluetooth connecting to the radio, the audio directions come up but it would be nice to have the maps on the head unit. along with possibly adding slacker radio, or iheart.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived