Adding Navigation to Intellilink / MyLink System

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How did you get OnStar to recognize the upgrade? I've spoken to 4 different reps who all keep insisting it can't be done because my VIN is ineligible even though I've insisted back that it now has factory nav.

Finally got OnStar working. Took 6 calls and supervisor to elevate to 2nd tier technical support. Received call back today and in 5 minutes technician manually overrode my account. Now have two options when sending address from app. One is turn-by-turn and one is to nav. Very nice sending address from contacts to truck prior to heading out on the trip. Start the vehicle and away you go.

Kudos to Kodiakz for a nice upgrade package.

To those of you have upgraded...when going for mylink updates you will now let the dealer know you have IOS6 correct. Does this new hmi module only cover the Nav portion or the other radio features as well. I know map updates are separate but general mylink updates now would reflect ios 6 and flash the new hmi module or a separate module?

The reason I ask is I have bad visions of requesting updates in the future and the dealer not being able to figure out what I'm telling him about the upgraded hmi module.

I want to say this thread is fantastic and thank you to all of you who have chimed in with your experience as it makes me much more confident I can purchase this and have complete integration with xm and onstar!

So I have the correct HMI now and am using the old GMT-900 gps antenna. Everything works when the key is off but when I turn it on the screen reads "calibrate device". I took it to the dealer and asked them to program the HMI and they looked at me crooked. I build these trucks everyday and can have the interior to bare metal in under an hour. So I am VERY familiar with these trucks. Just need to know if there is another way to have the HMI programmed.

Finally got OnStar working. Took 6 calls and supervisor to elevate to 2nd tier technical support. Received call back today and in 5 minutes technician manually overrode my account. Now have two options when sending address from app. One is turn-by-turn and one is to nav. Very nice sending address from contacts to truck prior to heading out on the trip. Start the vehicle and away you go.

Kudos to Kodiakz for a nice upgrade package.

Wait. Are you saying the Onstar RemoteLink app on iphone/android can send the directions not just to the crappy onstar navigation but to the actual built-in "factory" GPS? Because I know 5 years of remote start/unlock is included free. Will the subscription still be required for the sending-to-vehicle feature?

I'm sure your going to have to pay for the directions and connections plan to get the app to send the directions. They will probably block that part of your app via your Vin.

GM should make their own app. We don't need OnStar for any of this, but then again GM is tight ass. Maybe in 2015 with the introduction of their 4G cellular data connections plan. ($$$.$$ per year)

Tapatalk via Moto X

Buehler? Buehler?

I think you and I are the only two with the 4.2 inch screen.

I do too :-( i want to upgrade to the 8" is this possible + add navi

Wicked Galaxy Note 3

Buehler? Buehler?

I think you and I are the only two with the 4.2 inch screen.

We do have a complete upgrade kit with 8" screen and nav if you guys are interested

PM sent.

Archived