Adding Navigation to Intellilink / MyLink System

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kodiakz or anyone.... I installed the factory Nav module a week or so ago in my 2014 GMC Sierra, and it works like a champ. Easy install, as described, and Kodiakz is ready, willing, and able to answer questions if necessary. Thank-you!!

I got Onstar to update the account after the drill described elsewhere in this thread. XM was easy, but like everybody else, a subscription was required for traffic and travellink, even though I'm on a trial for the radio. Traffic and weather popped right up but the fuel prices and movie times didn't. Can't find them anywhere, even with foreign tech support. They reprovisioned my radio but they still don't appear. No buttons or menu items...

Any solutions, ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated....

TIA

Mike

There is no dedicated button like intellilink. From the nav screen hit destination, poi, auto and fuel, fuel stations and the price will show up in just like the buick system. It will also show up along route if you do this while navigating.

Anybody notice the rounding error this thing does when counting down the distance for a turn? I didn't notice it until I was running Google Navigation alongside the factory nav and noticed that anytime you drop down below a mile it would automatically round down to the whole number mile instead of the decimal mile.

Sent from my LG-G2

Guys, just an FYI. We have found that if the dealer does flash these back to your vin, navi will disappear. We will gladly refresh them for you if this happens and are working to see if we can use a usb flash to update them. Just wanted everyone to be aware of this possibility. We advise our clients NOT to have the dealers flash the HMI unless the truck has issues due to that module.

Guys, just an FYI. We have found that if the dealer does flash these back to your vin, navi will disappear. We will gladly refresh them for you if this happens and are working to see if we can use a usb flash to update them. Just wanted everyone to be aware of this possibility. We advise our clients NOT to have the dealers flash the HMI unless the truck has issues due to that module.

What issues could the truck have with that module?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kodiakz I PM'd you weeks ago with no response yet. Getting close to breaking down and buying from someone else....if you want the business I'm just sayin ...

I've got to say that Kodiakz normally responds ridiculously quickly to PMs. Possible that he just missed yours at the time?

Archived