Post Pics of Your 2014+

*Sigh*

I realize I don't really know a lot about mechanics but it baffles me how complicated level vs. tires sizes and rub can be.

Navinke is running a 2.5 RC level which should run a max 33" with no rub, and running 295/55r20 should be 32.78x11.61 inches but still rubs slightly, when it should fit easily.

Then NitroDatsik is running a 3" level but essentially the same a 2.5 considering being lower WT but can run a 305/55r20 with no rub which is 33.21x12.01

Then others are running 33x12.5 Toyo MTs on 2.5 RC level with no rub at all.

I'm so confused by these numbers, what am I missing? Is it the offset of the wheels causing the rub vs. no rub?

Edited by BlueWrapper
  • Like 1

*Sigh*

I realize I don't really know a lot about mechanics but it baffles me how complicated level vs. tires sizes and rub can be.

Navinke is running a 2.5 RC level which should run a max 33" with no rub, and running 295/55r20 should be 32.78x11.61 inches but still rubs slightly, when it should fit easily.

Then NitroDatsik is running a 3" level but essentially the same a 2.5 considering being lower WT but can run a 305/55r20 with no rub which is 33.21x12.01

Then others are running 33x12.5 Toyo MTs on 2.5 RC level with no rub at all.

I'm so confused by these numbers, what am I missing? Is it the offset of the wheels causing the rub vs. no rub?

there are several factors, width of tire and where the rim places the tire, in my opinion, are the biggest factors to how large of a wheel you can have without rub. The rim offset will affect it very much. If you have an offset that places the tire farther out, then you can put a larger tire without rub because the tire will be further away from the wheel well liner and therefore thetire will have more distance to travel before it will rub against the liner. If you have a numerically high offset which would pull the tire into the wheel well, then the tire will have less distance to travel before it reaches the liner. So to answer your last question, rim offset will affect your possibility of having the tire rub.

• Like 1

Did you regear the truck? If so what gears and cost and what mpgs are you seeing?

I really wanna go 6" on 35s but dang I love my 22mpg so I might go with 2.5" and 33s

soon as i found out about regear price i quickly forgot that idea.

even though i will never see anything close to 22mpg ... my best AVG MPG right now is 15.4

sadly though last friday on the way to the beach i wasnt seeing anything past 11mpg.

there are several factors, width of tire and where the rim places the tire, in my opinion, are the biggest factors to how large of a wheel you can have without rub. The rim offset will affect it very much. If you have an offset that places the tire farther out, then you can put a larger tire without rub because the tire will be further away from the wheel well liner and therefore thetire will have more distance to travel before it will rub against the liner. If you have a numerically high offset which would pull the tire into the wheel well, then the tire will have less distance to travel before it reaches the liner. So to answer your last question, rim offset will affect your possibility of having the tire rub.

Perfect explanation. I'm running 305/30/26 with a 2" rear drop and there is slight rubbing in the front every time I reverse and it happened once while making a u-turn recently. Doesn't really bother me, so I'm not really planning on shaving anything unless the mood suddenly strikes me one day.

Complimentary champagne (Should get a damn case of Dom for the amount we spend! haha)

attachicon.gifget-attachment-5.aspx.jpeg

Haha! GM didn't give me a bottle; I'm going to check my glove box now...

What color is your trim (on the doors and center console) ??? Totally want it! I hate my light wood trim.

AT package comes with a trim that resembles a carbon print. I asked my dealer and they said that you can only get it if you order an AT truck. I find that a bit hard to believe because some of the trim pieces are bound to break and people will need replacements. At Carid.com they have a section for trim pieces. Go check them out. They have abunch for the 2014 sierra and silvy. I was checking them out earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

What color is your trim (on the doors and center console) ??? Totally want it! I hate my light wood trim.

Yea, what Mike said....

You could also go to a local vinyl shop/tint shop that wraps things. Have the interior wrapped in any pattern or color desired. Might be a cheaper alternative too!