Is it possible to add heated seats to 2014 Sierra after purchase?

I bought my SLE because it had Navigation and leather seats but it didn't have the heated seats. I didn't mind because the truck had the lift and everything else that I wanted. Just curious how hard it would be to add it now. I know I would have to buy a new bezel for the center dash to add the buttons. Thanks for any help in advance!!

I would like to add "factory" heated seats to my truck, LT Z71 Double Cab and do not want an aftermarket setup. None were available on the lots in my area when I purchased and did not want to go the order process. It has the clothes seats, but I know the heated seat option is available. I contacted customer care, and they say they are working on developing a kit, as it is totally different than previous years. I am just looking for a part number for the heated seats. I can find the part number for the two switches and the bezel for the dash, but not the "actual heat element".

There has to be a part number available, as what would one do if their factory one went out and had to be replaced under warranty???

if you were to add it on aftermarket, I would consider having them install the Katzkins and the seat heaters at the same time, then selling your factory covers. You can buy the Katzkins on eBay for $550 and I would bet you could sell factory covers for over $1000

• 1 month later...

I asked this a little while ago via another thread, but I think it might be buried now so forgive me if this is considered a double post.

I would like to add "factory" heated seats to my LT Z71 with cloth seats. At this time, I do not want to go the aftermarket route. According to Customer Care, they will offer a kit in the future but it is not available at this time. If I can get the part numbers for the new Bezel, two switches, and heater elements, I will piece together the kit myself. I am also told most of the wiring is already there, but I have not checked to see if that is true. I know it would be more money doing it this way. At the time of purchase, there was no trucks available in my area with this option, hence me trying to add it now. Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks.

You are correct as I already spoke to the service guy, and he said it would need programming when installed to be fully functional. To make it work with other components is the one reason I want factory instead of an after market setup. GM just don't have the kit available to install at this time. By the time it might be available from them it would be summer, which kind of defeats the purpose of wanting it installed now.

I installed them on a Ram already. Seat covers are pretty easy to remove, the problem is getting them to work with the factory computer for things like remote start. The ones I installed had there own switch and you had to tap into a power supply, so it was completely indepent of the trucks computer. I'm sure you could go that route.

Archived