22" Wheel Ride Quality?

ASW

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like my wheels. the question was if it affects the ride, and yes it does. I run 40psi because of the temperature swings in texas. i'd never go back to 20's. I might however go back to 55 sidewalls just to soften up the ride a little.

i like my wheels. the question was if it affects the ride, and yes it does. I run 40psi because of the temperature swings in texas. i'd never go back to 20's. I might however go back to 55 sidewalls just to soften up the ride a little.

I live right next door in Louisiana and I have zero problems running 36psi. 40 is still too much. Tire pressure should be checked cold. When it's a hot brutal day driving, the tires get hot that will bring your pressure up around 4-5 psi (too stiff of a ride). A vehicle parked in direct sunlight will increase pressure. Pressure may have to be checked more often in colder winter months. Running 40 in the winter will give you a harsh ride because cold rubber is hard. 35-36 is a good year round running pressure. If you want a 55 sidewall you will have to go back to 20's because a 22" 55 won't fit your truck.

Even if you have a 4x4 and a 2" lift kit in the front the max o.d. would be about 33" and that's pushing it. Well see if you can find a 22" 55 that will fit your leveled truck. Ain't gonna happen... A 55 22" will be a terrain tire and is huge and the smallest you will probably find is a 285/55/22 witch has an o.d. of 34.5.

If you want to run 40 psi and enjoy your "harsher" ride then so be it to each his own but dude, chill.... Don't get so defensive when someone is giving you advice. Geez... I don't know your knowledge in tire pressure and I don't know why you run 40psi either. I'm not trying to give you a lesson in tire pressure just trying to help, info and advice which is what the forum is about. I don't know your knowledge in tire sizing either but maybe you could use one. Here are a few pics of a trucks with 285/55/22's. if you want a 4" front lift and this is the look you want and want to pay $400 a tire then go for it!

DSC01168.jpg

DSC01156.jpg

7b68f42dbba3413af9c2a943ab457b53.jpg

Now it's 37? Few posts ago it was 40

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk 2

3psi is smaller than the difference in cold and hot. i drive my tires at 40psi because thats usually what they run when warmed up. i leave them at 36-37psi cold. again, who cares. 22's are not equal to 20's in ride quality unless you keep the sidewall the same.

whether or not i can get 275/55's or not will be determined in 60,000 miles. i'm not that worried about it. I'm just answering the OP's question from someone who directly changed exact rim size and noticed a difference.

You're the one complaining about harsh ride quality and inflating your tires to 40 psi. Personally, I think 35 is to high. Usually end up running about 33 or so unless I'm hauling something

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk 2

I agree on 33 for a better ride but I think running 35-36 you will get better tread life.

Archived