90 Day Onstar Extension

I just received a telephone call on 3/8/2013 from OnStar that they will give me another free three additional months of OnStar for free starting on 3/26/2014 when my original trial version runs out. I have to call them to cancel just before or after 6/27/2014. There is a 30 day grace period to cancel after 6/27/2014 with no charge. If I want the service (w/o maps) I can get it for $169 per year starting after 6/27/2014. The three months are free.

I don't see any issues with getting the additional three months.

If some wants this service all they have to do is push the blue button on the OnStar and talk with their customer support. You can cancel the same way.

Gives me some more time to think about keeping the service.

I hardly use it but I will be keeping it. I am already paying $26 a month for the highest Sirius subscription.. I listen to Sirius 99.9% of the time I'm in my truck so it's worth it, plus I live in SoCal so the traffic part is invaluable. I will be keeping it because once in a while when in a jam and my phone is dead, or no reception, Onstar is there to call out from. Also, I've been driving down the freeway in a hurry to my next client and found I forgot the address. Or the address can't be found in the navigation. I call Onstar and the lady pulls it up for me. Third, I've been hit three times by other people, almost hit last weekend while stopped at a stop sign, and lastnight someone almost t-boned me again going through a stop sign.. It's only a matter of time until one of these crazies wipes me out, and I want to know that help is on the way while I'm out cold, bleeding out. To me, that is worth everything.

Personally I don't use Onstar and can't imagine paying for it. My only problem is making sure I cancel on time--but I suppose I can do that anytime. The only thing a 90-day extension would do for me is give me another 90 days not to use it, and another cancellation date to forget!

But I did renew Sirius. I listen all the time and have 3 internet radios scattered around the house that I can listen on, so I got the XM-All Access Package which allows radio + internet listening. Costs me 218/year ($18.22 a month). I'm not sure if I negotiated that price well enough, but how much lower could they go--just not worth the haggling for me!

It's not worth the money they charge, but call them just before it expires and tell them you want to cancel because it is too expensive. They will make you a half price offer, which isn't bad. I do this every year and it hasn't failed yet.

I said in a previous post I would renew. However, in the 90 days I have owned my Sierra, I have yet to use Onstar once. I probably will not renew it. I'm not going to pay what they are asking; for a service I will almost never use.

I did renew my sirius. 9.99 a month for the music I love listening too.

Archived