90 Day Onstar Extension

Oops I had XM on my mind, my fault. Regarding onstar, never used it, hopefully won't have a need too in the future but then again i guess that's kinda what it's for? The unexpected?

When I bought my truck, I paid $9.99 (or something like that) for 300 onstar telephone minutes. On a recent cross-country trip I used on-star telephone as much as possible since the minutes expire after the initial 6 months. For the most part the phone service was just OK. Lots of dropped calls and bad reception. Definitely not as good as blue tooth cell reception most of the time. (Sometimes though there was no cell reception and on-star was the only option. Sometimes even on-star wasn't available).

Onstar is definitely something I'm not interested in paying for once my introductory subscription is over. I'll keep Sirius/XM though.

I like the mobile Onstar App. Use it fairly often. I do not like it enough to pay for it. I used the directions once. Since I dont have NAV, the Onstar directions are voice only (arrow on screen). Google Maps and Waze give better voice directions thru the truck stereo anyways and can see my phone when in the cup holder if a map is needed. To me XM is not worth the money (and they are stalkers!). With Google Play, Pandora and 32gb + of music on my phone. Maybe living in a rural area or traveled alot I could see the need. If the bring BTLS back maybe I would change my mind.

If you have some extra disposable income I am sure it would be worthwhile. Me I currently work 12 hours per day 7 days a week just to pay my current bills which leaves me short for making the OnStar donation. Sure it is a good cause though, maybe one of these days when we can get some more folks down off the wagon to help pull it instead of riding it, then we will have happy days again. Dang wagon is getting really heavy and hard to pull lately shoot I may just have to quit pulling and jump on there myself YIPPPEEE.

If you have some extra disposable income I am sure it would be worthwhile. Me I currently work 12 hours per day 7 days a week just to pay my current bills which leaves me short for making the OnStar donation. Sure it is a good cause though, maybe one of these days when we can get some more folks down off the wagon to help pull it instead of riding it, then we will have happy days again. Dang wagon is getting really heavy and hard to pull lately shoot I may just have to quit pulling and jump on there myself YIPPPEEE.

I've seen you mention tough times a couple times now... Why would you buy a brand new truck? Sounds like you're ready to go postal.

On topic, I'll likely let it lapse, considering I get free roadside with the truck anyway. The one time I've needed them so far, they couldn't locate me anyway. Like mentioned above, my cell has better service than onstar anyway. But I'll make use of the 300 minutes.

OK so I was curious about all of this so I called Onstar. I was able to get a month free, and the directions and connections plan (or whatever it is lol) for 6 months for 19.95/month, 10 bucks off per month.

I saved 90 bucks over the next 7 months. So essentially I'm getting everything for about .65 cents per day. And they reinstated my minutes (that had expired)....really can't complain too much about all of that.....BTW they didn't even flinch when I asked what they could do, my guess is tons of people discontinue the service after the free trial.

Archived