GM card?

zback

You get money back on purchases. You can use these points when buying a new gm vehicle. It depends how much you can use, there are different cards and some limit the amount you can use.

Most I used at one time a as around 4k

Ryan

Depends on when you got your GM card. Newer cards cap your limit of points you can apply, I believe around $2000. I have an older GM card (when it was GMAC / Ally) and I get 5% back of purchases to apply towards a new gm vehicle, my limits are that earnings expire after 7 years and the most I can earn per year is $500 in points, no cap on the amount I can apply (up to $3500 if you do the math.).

So make your deal and get the final price and then tell them you want to apply your GM points before they do the finacing.

I have used it three times now for $6,722 off vehicle prices (this knocks off before sales taxes) so the savings are more like $7210. Easy money!

I have used it three times now for $6,722 off vehicle prices (this knocks off before sales taxes) so the savings are more like $7210. Easy money!

Here in Florida they tax all rebates, including the GM card rebate.

I've been lurking since I bought my 2014 Chevy Double Cab LT 4x4. I got $4500 off my truck because I have the old GM card and there was a $1000 bonus added to it.

Currently if you sign up for a GM Card, you get 5% from your first $5000 in purchases each year. After that, you get 2% with no earnings limits, redemption limits, or expiration dates. So if you charge $50,000 each year, you will get $250 on the first $5000 and $900 on the next $45000. If you do this for 10 years, you could get $11,500 off the vehicle and still qualify for all incentives, dealer discounts, etc.

I've been lurking since I bought my 2014 Chevy Double Cab LT 4x4. I got $4500 off my truck because I have the old GM card and there was a $1000 bonus added to it.

Currently if you sign up for a GM Card, you get 5% from your first $5000 in purchases each year. After that, you get 2% with no earnings limits, redemption limits, or expiration dates. So if you charge $50,000 each year, you will get $250 on the first $5000 and $900 on the next $45000. If you do this for 10 years, you could get $11,500 off the vehicle and still qualify for all incentives, dealer discounts, etc.

I believe there is a time limit on the points and you cannot save up for 10 years.

Ryan

I have it and used it several times. I have the old system so mine is $500 a year and expires after 7 years so I can get a max of $3500 down on a new GM vehicle. Like posted above, I work to get the lowest price out the door and then when I get ready to sign I bring out my card points and then they have to deduct that off.

Archived