I am having an issue with my usb. I copied some of my itunes folders and I guess there was some music videos on them. I have formatted ths usb twice and the videos keep showing up in the truck but nothing will play. I also put some movies on the usb and those are not showing up, just the music videos that have been deleted. None of the music that was once on the usb is showing up, just the music videos. Help its annoying.

Have you tried the memory card slot? I seem to have better luck accessing media through the memory card slot, rather than via USB.

My main problem with the USB ports, is that despite having 5 USB ports in my truck, it would appear that not a single one is capable of fast charging power hungry devices like larger phones and tablets. The USB charging can't even keep up with my android phone, let alone a tablet or ipad.

It's 2014, tablets and ipads have been around for years, and yet GM can't put a single 2.1 amp USB port capable of charging these devices in a $50K truck?!?

If I understand you correctly, you can only access videos if you've got the rear monitor option. Even then, the videos only show up on the rear monitors, not the front one.

Thats the way I understand it, Videos should play while in Park. I got one to start playing yesterday then it just stopped and the screen went black and then went to a song. I dont know why the old Music videos are showing up. Is there a way to clear the memory of the headunit. I am thinking that maybe the videos are cached on the system some how.

My main problem with the USB ports, is that despite having 5 USB ports in my truck, it would appear that not a single one is capable of fast charging power hungry devices like larger phones and tablets. The USB charging can't even keep up with my android phone, let alone a tablet or ipad.

It's 2014, tablets and ipads have been around for years, and yet GM can't put a single 2.1 amp USB port capable of charging these devices in a $50K truck?!?

I noticed this as well. I'm going to go back to using a cig lighter adapter for charging. It's a little disappointing, I guess they're all like the USB ports on my computer.

I keep all my songs on an SD card so there's no reason my phone needs to be connected to the stereo, that just gives me more crap to scroll through so it's not that big a deal to me.

I noticed this as well. I'm going to go back to using a cig lighter adapter for charging. It's a little disappointing, I guess they're all like the USB ports on my computer.

I keep all my songs on an SD card so there's no reason my phone needs to be connected to the stereo, that just gives me more crap to scroll through so it's not that big a deal to me.

Not to mention the fact that all the USB ports power down when the truck is turned off. The (2) 12v ports on my dash stay powered on even after the truck is turned off. Often times when my phone battery is low I like to leave my phone plugged in my truck to charge when making quick stops.... Can't do that charging from the USB ports in this truck, as they turn off whenever you turn the truck off. I was looking forward to having all those USB ports in this new truck, but now I'm finding out they aren't near as useful as they could have been.

If you have a lot of music, it will take a while for it to reindex all the songs again and update the display. Noticed that when I put most of my iTunes library on an ssd and hooked it up. I am also trying to find a good frame rate and resolution for video, most of what I have plays choppy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's even showing music that is not there when you browse artist, songs etc... It is driving me nuts!!!! I have reformatted the usb multiple times. It's like the truck has a cache and I can't delete it . I have true resetting settings , but that does not work.

I am having an issue with my usb. I copied some of my itunes folders and I guess there was some music videos on them. I have formatted ths usb twice and the videos keep showing up in the truck but nothing will play. I also put some movies on the usb and those are not showing up, just the music videos that have been deleted. None of the music that was once on the usb is showing up, just the music videos. Help its annoying.

Hi Txmade,

I am sorry you are experiencing problems playing music through the USB ports. If you would like me to research this for you, you can send me a PM with your VIN and contact information.

Austin J.

GM Customer Care

Archived