Impressions on the 4.3L V6

Oh, so because the displacement is the same, it's an Apple to Apple comparison? Lol! I'm not going to even justify this with a counter argument.

What's wrong with turboing an engine with 11.1? Is it because it's tougher? Because its not... Is it because it requires somebody who knows what they are doing when tuning, well that goes without saying for any turbo build and from what I can see after tuning mine, this New DI engine already has the injector capacity, map sensor capacity and looks like it will not require any change in the operating system. High compression engines just require less boost and less timing to make respectable power but turbo newbies only think about boost pressure, it's easier I guess. Is it a little tougher to run on pump gas? Maybe a little... But I like to run E85 on my high compression turbo builds when looking for max power but it would sure be nice to have a vehicle already capable of this.. Wait... Aren't these FFV from factory. It really isn't a scientific phenomenon to build a good reliable street turbo build for an 11.1 engine on 91/93 pump gas.

Should I not turbo my 5.3 because it's 11.1? Watch Me!

There is nothing wrong with sticking a turbo on something with 11.1 IF That what you want to do. Go for it and have a good time doing it. I will follow your progress to see how it turn out. Like you said it's all in the tune and that not just on turbo engines, but every engine and I know that you already know that. :dunno: Why would you want a counter argument, I wasn't looking for one. To make something really clear, The new 4.3 is 10 times the engine than the old 4.3 and like I said before it is a shame the GM didn't come out with it sooner than 2014. Have a great night.

As soon as I get a chance I'm going to go and test drive the 4.3 and 5.3 and see what they're like. I'll be sure to let everyone know.

Having come from a Tundra V8 4.6L with 310HP, I really do not notice any difference or felt I gave up anything with my 2014 4.3L V6 Silverado. It gets up and goes just as much as my Tundra ever did and has the same utility.

While "Bigger is Better", it has to be put in perspective of what one needs or expect out of their truck.

I just purchased the Sierra 1500 reg cab with the V6, all my other trucks had V8's. After driving for 1 week and 600 miles town and highway driving I can say this engine leaves nothing to be desired...it has plenty of power and I am completely satisfied with my purchase...285 HP rated at 7000lb towing capacity these numbers would probably be enough for 50-70% of truck buyers out there, but I also understand some folks just want more :)

I just purchased the Sierra 1500 reg cab with the V6, all my other trucks had V8's. After driving for 1 week and 600 miles town and highway driving I can say this engine leaves nothing to be desired...it has plenty of power and I am completely satisfied with my purchase...285 HP rated at 7000lb towing capacity these numbers would probably be enough for 50-70% of truck buyers out there, but I also understand some folks just want more :)

i wouldnt be surprised you get 24-25 highway if you dont speed after the motor breaks in.

• Like 1

a5e2utas.jpgWoo hoo after 2000 miles just hit 20 mpg lifetime and increasing. I got 24.4 in the last 50 miles. This is commuting in jersey traffic. 4x4 crew Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

very impressive... refresh my memory so I don't have to go back through all your posts, but I though you had a 5.3 truck which if so.... that even more impressive. Do people honk at you and flip you off as they pass you on the shoulder and stuff or is this normal-ish driving and keeping up with Jersey traffic.

na its a 4.3l. driving pretty normal, not the slowest on the road, definitely not agressive either. just doing the speed limit really and being gentle from a stop.

Oh... well still, that's what I get in my company car (2010 Impala) and you can haul 7000 lbs and look a lot cooler.

Oh, you have a check engine light and need to shut your door.

Oh... well still, that's what I get in my company car (2010 Impala) and you can haul 7000 lbs and look a lot cooler.

Oh, you have a check engine light and need to shut your door.

lol yeah that was in my driveway with the engine off ;)

Edited by disc0monkey