Auto Fold In Mirrors (Without FOB)

I don't understand why they did it this way. I have a aftermarket alarm so I can't do it without using the button.

I use it so much that its just a habit now but it would be nice if they worked when the ignition.

He is just asking if anyone has ideas on how he can make this happen. Just like half of the other posts in here he wants to make it for him. They don't offer a lot of things that they should... That doesn't mean people have to get over it, they turn to aftermarket and make it the way they want it.

You guys aren't giving anything constructive to it so find another post you agree with it's not that big of a deal

......bringing the thread back to topic, the configuration in Intellilink settings calls it "Auto Fold Mirrors" and then states on or off. This allows you to manually fold the mirrors via key fob, which doesn't constitute auto in my mind. I guess motor driven means the same to GM as automatic. For the future posters who will reply, automatic to me means not done by a key fob, or done by a button, or any other human intervention.

Here is what your RPO says about the mirrors. Notoce is doesn't mention "Auto" or in your mind does power foldong mean you shouldnt hit a button either.

3ute7y3u.jpg

Also here is a video by a member you insulted earlier in the thread showing you how to use the feature

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tl659iqfFV4

Chris as you can see below the 2014 Sierra manual refers to them as Auto Folding and Power Folding. The settings menu of Intellilink refers to the remote folding as Auto Folding. Just so you're aware.

Page 2-4 of the manual:

If equipped with auto mirror folding,
pressing and holdingQfor
one second will fold mirrors. The
auto mirror folding feature will not
operate unless it is enabled. See
Vehicle Personalization on
page 5-44
Page 2-16
Auto Folding Mirrors
If equipped, with the ignition off,
press and holdQon the RKE
transmitter for approximately
one second to fold the mirrors.
Press and hold K on the RKE
transmitter to unfold the mirrors.
See Remote Keyless Entry (RKE)
System Operation on page 2-3.
This feature is turned on and off
through Vehicle Personalization.
See Vehicle Personalization on
page 5-44.

Then it is a feature in the mylink/intellilink. I wont have my hands on a 2014 until saturday. Rpo states power. The auto is a feature controlled by other aspects. Bit using the fob is basically the same as hitting the button on the door. You are just outside of the truck when you do it. Now to make it so what you want you need a wiring schematic and a lot of time, parts, and patience

The feature in the mylink/intellilink is for enabling the key FOB to auto fold mirrors. Turning this feature on, allows you to fold the mirrors with the FOB but holding the LOCK button for a second to fold in. And holding the UNLOCK button to fold out.

Turning it off means the key FOB wont fold the mirrors anymore.

Also seen here in my video:

Then it is a feature in the mylink/intellilink. I wont have my hands on a 2014 until saturday. Rpo states power. The auto is a feature controlled by other aspects. Bit using the fob is basically the same as hitting the button on the door. You are just outside of the truck when you do it. Now to make it so what you want you need a wiring schematic and a lot of time, parts, and patience

Possibly, however with the integration of API for remote and in-car features I'm hoping it can be controlled another way. Especially since it does have features integrated with Intellilink. When you press the key fob it relays a request to the vehicle and the vehicle checks the current options in Intellilink. Maybe there is a way to trigger that request to be sent on shutdown instead of via key fob.

I've made some requests to developer.gm.com to find out more about the API and looked through the supported methods but not much stands out for automating things other than whats already provided by onstar.

Thats why I mentioned a schematic. I used to hunt little projects like this down, but in the end they arent worth the added stress. I can tell you is that signal is routed through the BCM, so you would need to find the Power Fold input signal

It kinda is semi - automatic, because you don't have to hold the button until the operation is complete which would be manual fold in / out. But here is their definition of automatic in the OM...

Auto Mirror Folding

press and hold Q on the RKE transmitter for approximately

one second to automatically fold the

exterior mirrors. Press and hold K on the RKE transmitter for

approximately one second to unfold. See Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) System Operation on page 2-4.

It kinda is semi - automatic, because you don't have to hold the button until the operation is complete which would be manual fold in / out. But here is their definition of automatic in the OM...

Auto Mirror Folding

press and hold Q on the RKE transmitter for approximately

one second to automatically fold the

exterior mirrors. Press and hold K on the RKE transmitter for

approximately one second to unfold. See Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) System Operation on page 2-4.

Agreed. Same concept as the auto down windows. Once it is initiated, it auto-completes.

Its still silly. Do you know how awesome it would be if you opened the driver door and the mirrors folded? just like the radio going off, lights turning off after 5s, all that is truly automatic, yet they call these mirrors automatic.

Archived