My new 2014 crew cab chevy

This is my brand new truck with only 8 miles on her. it is on it way this will be my first pickup. I alway had muscle cars and suvs. This was out the door for 30,800. I didnt notice until now it doesnt have the head lights like I see on most other chevy and gmcs. I though all new 2014 chevy trucks had the projecter headlights.

Its 5.3l with the peb custom sport package, 3.42 gears, locker rearend. Im still wait on shippment of the truck, but know it has the 4.2 screen do they have back up camera on the 4.2inch mylink? Also my buddy said just get a aftermarket tag camera as its better for backing up to a trailer.

newtruck_zps73a52576.jpg

congrats on the new truck and that is a pretty good price as well. as for the camera, its not a option with the 4.2" screen. when you add the convenience package (that has the reverse cam and some other things) it steps it up to the 8" screen as per chevy's build page.

but I will say, I can see my hitch just fine with the tailgate handle mounted camera.

Very nice! I like the color.

From what I can research, the projector style headlights are only available on the LTZ and LTZ Z71 and High Country Trims.

Fortunately, they appear to be direct swaps. If you wanted to purchase them from the dealership, and swap them in, people seem to say it's just 1 plug.

I will be doing this when I someday purchase a LT Z71 trim.

Thanks, I think im going to wait on the headlight swap for awhile and let the price go down on them. I think my first buy for this truck is going to be nice leather or vinyl seat covers and spray in bed liner.

I GOT MY TRUCK ON FRI ALSO A LT WITH NO PROJECTORS BUT I ALREADY FOUND THESE WILL PROBABLY BE MY FIRST MOD AFTER TINT OF COURSE, PS NICE TRUCK

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Silverado-2014-BLUE-LED-Headlight-Halos-Angel-Demon-Eyes-Kit-/350980423476?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51b8103f34&vxp=mtr

I GOT MY TRUCK ON FRI ALSO A LT WITH NO PROJECTORS BUT I ALREADY FOUND THESE WILL PROBABLY BE MY FIRST MOD AFTER TINT OF COURSE, PS NICE TRUCK

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Silverado-2014-BLUE-LED-Headlight-Halos-Angel-Demon-Eyes-Kit-/350980423476?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item51b8103f34&vxp=mtr

Thanks, I checked out the ebay link. I think that is just led kit for the stock projector head lights. correct me if im worng

IDK LOL i thought it was the projectors dam i was gna buy that then buy a hid kit for the lights or how does it work lost

Ha, those are just halo rings for the stock projectors, which you would still need to buy.

Don't put hids into your stock reflector housings and be that guy driving down the road glaring light at everyone ;) Buy the projector housings, THEN install the his.

Also my buddy said just get a aftermarket tag camera as its better for backing up to a trailer.

The stock camera is perfect for backing up to a trailer. Put the tailgate in the half-open position (loop the tailgate support stays around the latching pins) and you can put the trailer ball precisely under the trailer hitch in seconds.

Archived