Sign in to follow this  
blinn61

Burnout!!!!!

OK so let's set the scene. This weekend my buddy and I took our for wheelers out for a ride he has a 96 f150. Me I was in my 13' Silverado. We both had our four wheelers in the bed. And both are 700 yamaha grizzlys. So at the stop at the stop light he started power braking the f150. Not to be shown up I tried in my truck it would start to lift up and wouldn't spin a freakin bit. I had only been holding the brake enough to not roll forward. Shouldn't it have spun????? Traction and stability were off...

No. Torque management.....

Edited by txab
  • Like 1

That is the wonder of torque management. It keeps stuff from breaking. my 2006 5.3 would smoke the tires easily. My '07 would barely spin the tires. My '13 will not even brake torque empty. It just bogs down. It has been nice because my tires last longer for sure.

That is the wonder of torque management. It keeps stuff from breaking. my 2006 5.3 would smoke the tires easily. My '07 would barely spin the tires. My '13 will not even brake torque empty. It just bogs down. It has been nice because my tires last longer for sure.

The only GMT900 truck I had that would burn the tires off was the 6.2. Even it suffered from TM, but not as bad as the 5.3 does.

Sent from my Droid Ultra

Torque management delete it's only 250 at the place I'm going to to tune my truck and delete that garbage.

sent from my truck in a field

my 14 will power brake spin. I think a grizzly in the bed might put a damper on that.

Ah my specialty. Talk to justin at blackbear. The throttle body will not open all the way when the pcm senses it is abuse. It retards the timing. This is a result of- brake torque management and abuse mode. If you have A/T that will not help you. Also disk breaks are really tough. So you have to fight the tires and brakes. Get a k&n intake and blackbear. You will no problem. If u really wanna spin em bad get a line loc from hurst around 100$. Dont feel too bad i have an in person blackbear tune, k&n intake, and still cannot spin the tires on my 02 suburban. Use used motor oil that'll spin em good just put painters tape behind the wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Torque management takes the fun out of everything... I bet my buddies to try to spin the tires and will collect a few bills here and there.

Magnacharger with a Black Bear tune.

/thread.

You weren't shown up he's stuck driving a 96 f150 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks everyone and 02SuburbanZ71 I am thinking about talking to Justin at black bear, but how dou reach him??

Email

Can you pm me the e-mail?

Can you pm me the e-mail?

Not necessary because they pay to advertise here.

[email protected]

Burn out on a non LSD differential?, this is the famous "one tire burn out in American Graffiti" go Toad!!!!!.