4.3L Ecotec3 exhaust mod video!!!

I had the third cat removed along with the resonator and exhaust "flappy valve". I did leave the muffler and I must say it sounds so much better. Hopefully the link will work to view it on YouTube!!!

Sounds pretty damn good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks....If I didn't own the truck I would not think it was a 6 banger while it was idling.

I had the third cat removed along with the resonator and exhaust "flappy valve". I did leave the muffler and I must say it sounds so much better. Hopefully the link will work to view it on YouTube!!!

That sounds great man! I need to ask a newbie question though. Is the third cat the piece that sits behind the rear axle right before the tail pipe turns to the side behind the tire or is that the muffler?

Also, what is the load range on those BFG's? When I looked to get those in 18" rim size they only had it available in the higher load range....I forget the letter....E maybe? Anyway not the light truck/duty load range but the 2500 truck load range. If they're the higher load range, how did it affect the ride of the truck?

That sounds great man! I need to ask a newbie question though. Is the third cat the piece that sits behind the rear axle right before the tail pipe turns to the side behind the tire or is that the muffler?

Also, what is the load range on those BFG's? When I looked to get those in 18" rim size they only had it available in the higher load range....I forget the letter....E maybe? Anyway not the light truck/duty load range but the 2500 truck load range. If they're the higher load range, how did it affect the ride of the truck?

From how your explaining it, seems like your talking about the resonator. The third CAT is located pretty much in the center of the exhaust system, you can't miss it.

The BFG's are LT285/55R20's with a "D" load range. They are 8 ply not 10 ply. I did have some LT275/65R20 10 ply or "E" load range BFG's on my truck before the ones I currently have and it did affect the ride of my truck as well as the MPG. Luckily my local discount tire let me exchange them for the 285's without any hassle.

That sounds awesome, exactly what I am looking for. This didn't cause any CEL did it? Also, what would a fair cost estimate be?

Nope no CEL and it cost me about $150 to remove the third cat, adaptive valve and resonator. I did have the exhaust shop use 3" exhaust pipe from where I deleted the third cat back.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope no CEL and it cost me about $150 to remove the third cat, adaptive valve and resonator. I did have the exhaust shop use 3" exhaust pipe from where I deleted the third cat back.

Mis read your comment, deleted what i originally said here, except to say it sounds great- and good deal on the labor too!

At idle - the thing is way deeper sounding then the v8s with everything in place. On the rev-up you can detect the v6 in it. But it still sounds good man.

Archived