Smith and Wesson M&P compact

I moved from a Glock 23 to the Shield and am very happy with it. I have 1000's of rounds through it and spent some time draw-training with it to create the muscle memory needed to 'automatically' disengage the safety as part of my draw routine.

I wouldn't hesitate to purchase.

I own a M&P45c and a Kahr P45.

I have nothing to say bad about the M&P, its went boom everytime I pull the trigger. I don't carry it often, my Kahr is just so much easier to carry being a single stack. But, while the Kahr is very finicky about what you feed it, the M&P will eat anything without a hiccup.

• 4 weeks later...

Safetys on a carry pistol are dumb in my opinion, Same as carrying with an unloaded chamber. Both situations are better then no gun, but there striker fired pistols, meant to be carried locked and loaded with your finger as a safety. M&P Compact is basically in the middle of a G26/G19, excellent ergonomics. I carry a 9mm Shield, and use a 40S&W full size with a light for at home in M&P series. No malfunctions with a total of atleast 3500-4000 rounds between the two guns. Compact and the Shield are both easy to conceal IWB and can carry all day every day in the right holster.

I wouldn't stray from anything on the M&P line.. Nor would I stray from any XD or Glock or Sig. All comes down to what manual of arms your comfortable with and which fits your hand the best.

Jerry,

Fargo, ND.

When I was looking for a carry auto, I ended going with a Sig P239 40. I like the design and their rep for reliability. I don't feel the need for a double row mag gun, never did.

I've been a 1911 shooter for 40 years. I smithed 1911 guns for shops around this area. They are still a favorite of mine. But I'm down to 2 70 series Gold Cups and a compensated gun I built. None of them are carry guns.

When I was looking for a carry auto, I ended going with a Sig P239 40. I like the design and their rep for reliability. I don't feel the need for a double row mag gun, never did.

I've been a 1911 shooter for 40 years. I smithed 1911 guns for shops around this area. They are still a favorite of mine. But I'm down to 2 70 series Gold Cups and a compensated gun I built. None of them are carry guns.

My next ccw will be a 1911 variant...I don't think that would be impossible to carry on my frame.

My next ccw will be a 1911 variant...I don't think that would be impossible to carry on my frame.

I carried a Detonics for many years. Concealed easily tucked inside my jeans waist as long as I had a jacket.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

have you ever shot a m&p?

i have a m&p40 and i love the pistol but hated the factory trigger, not the pull but the shape and actual feel. i swapped mine out to the apex tactical aluminum trigger and its much better.

i think they make a plastic one for carry.

Archived