New HD Mirrors

Im having similar issues with my truck I have a 2015 2500 Denali Duramax that had the small powerfold mirrors and wanted to upgrade to the tow mirrors...I went to the dealer and had them order me the mirrors with the harnesses and spent pretty close to $2000 to have them installed...went back to pickup my truck and they told me that the powerful would not work because my truck was not meant to have powerfold tow mirrors...then I realized that the back up tow lights and the amber running lights also did not work...their answer to this was that GM is currently in a legal dispute in Texas and for this reason GM disabled all the features on the tow mirrors until further notice...Eventually i asked for a refund and had my original small mirrors put back on...I thought it was completely ridiculous the excuses they came up with as they make no sense.....wanting to see if the reasons for the mirrors not working correctly have any validity behind them

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Total BS. Sounds to me they did not order you powerfold tow mirrors first of all. If you already had powerfold DL3, the powerfold on the new tow mirrors will work plug and play.

Second of all, it sounds like they had no clue what they were doing and was hoping you would just go away and they would have cheated you out of money.

Looking @ the 2016 brochure and for the LT package they list this mirror:

"Outside heated power-adjustable "body-color" mirrors with driver spotter mirror (2500HD models)"

Does anyone have any pics of this mirror? Not too keen on the "new" chrome towing mirror. IMO it looks too much like the previous generation F150 mirrors.

post-7901-0-06254500-1456862122_thumb.jpg

I'll probably be ordering a 2017 this fall.

Looking @ the 2016 brochure and for the LT package they list this mirror:

"Outside heated power-adjustable "body-color" mirrors with driver spotter mirror (2500HD models)"

Does anyone have any pics of this mirror? Not too keen on the "new" chrome towing mirror. IMO it looks too much like the previous generation F150 mirrors.

I'll probably be ordering a 2017 this fall.

That is the regular small mirror. Tow mirrors are either textured black or chrome.

• 2 months later...

I have a 2015 2500HD LT manufacture 3/2015. It is a AVF minus A45 and came with DPN mirrors. The truck also had the 23171572 & 23171566 harnesses. I am switching to DSQ mirror due to garage door opening clearance. I have installed the following:

23241465 & 2324167 mirrors

23488411 driver side powerfold switch

23147589 switch harness. It is the memory compatible wiring but the only one the fits the switch connector.

23245541 passenger window switch

23147593 passenger switch harness

The original functions of amber lights and cargo/LED lights work. BUT, no power fold or power adjust. I noticed that only a few of the pins in the 23171572 & 23147589 connector ends mate in active slots.

Have I missed a part or do I just need a BCM flash.

Thanks for your help.

Love mine! Have 2016 SIERRA 2500HD SLT and got the auto trailer mirrors. They go in with push of button on door or with remote. So convenient, especially when parked in tight spot. They also can be set to angle down when i put in reverse. I was told this feature (auto fold in) can ONLY be installed when ordering the truck and having the factory install them. You cannot get them after the fact.

I have a 2015 2500HD LT manufacture 3/2015. It is a AVF minus A45 and came with DPN mirrors. The truck also had the 23171572 & 23171566 harnesses. I am switching to DSQ mirror due to garage door opening clearance. I have installed the following:

23147589 switch harness. It is the memory compatible wiring but the only one the fits the switch connector.

The original functions of amber lights and cargo/LED lights work. BUT, no power fold or power adjust. I noticed that only a few of the pins in the 23171572 & 23147589 connector ends mate in active slots.

Thanks for your help.

Mirror switch may need programming to make the power adjust work. Power fold may still not work due to a different BCM.

Thanks for your help.

Like i stated in my post there, the dealer told me if you didnt have the factory install the mirrors they will not power fold in.

I bought the 2500 for the mirrors and height. The crome, LEDS and power folding are nice, the red turn signal arrow is kind of bright at night, the LED back up lights in the mirror are great, they light up the side and rear of the truck very well.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still not having any luck with my with from DPN to DSQ. I had an independent GM service shop try. They had all software but, no options to in programing to do switch. No mirror module to program.

I have a 2015 Duramax Denali with the new style "billboards", I say that because they are dangerous as hell, a small car can hide behind them let alone a jogger or biker. That being said does anybody know the part number to the standard/non-tow passenger side mirror with the K40 exhaust brake option, I need to get these off my truck before I kill someone.

Thanks

Jeff

Edit:

Nevermind...I just started reading the other thread about these things...want to swap out my standard "short" mirrors on my 2016 2500...

Ok, read all the threads here and here's my issue... I bought the truck, but I live on an island in Alaska. Truck is still on the lot in Anchorage and I won't have it for another three weeks when I can bring it back on the ferry. So I don't have access to it, the window sticker or RPO codes to know what I actually need. I just sent an email with VIN to the shopchevyparts.com folks and we'll see what they come back with. So hoping they shed some light on which mirrors and harnesses I need, let's say I need an ECM reprogram. Well, no Chevy dealership on the island and it'll be who knows when I'll have the truck back on the mainland and to a dealer. So what's the worst that I'll have without that reprogram? Check Engine light? I can't imagine it involving fuel scheduling or trans function. No turn signals on the marker lights? No LED function?

Archived