Whistling Noise

Just wanted to let everyone know that my whistling noise is gone. I have driven it for a couple of weeks without any noise. Here is a breakdown of what all was done to my truck: Drivers mirror replaced, XM antenna replaced (TSB), VIN identification rivets (TSB), center light assembly replaced.

The dealership was always concerned and helpful with trying to find the problem. I am glad it is finally gone and I have a quiet interior.

smith462,

would you be willing to share the dealers name that helped you with the wind whistle? I can then put my dealer in communication with them and hopefully save some time. Many thx!

I have this too, just discovered today. Driving southbound at 65 mph, the exact same whistling noise as in mwweiss's video. I have an appointment on Monday at the dealer for a soaked rear carpet and will mention if they discover what the cause of the noise is.

early 2015 Sierra Denali 3500 DRW

Since the antenna has been found as the whistle, what is this all about??? Did you have a repair done because of it??

Edited by chebbyfan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

I have an 09 Sierra gmc Denali and it just started whistleing. I swear it’s coming from right where the vin number is on the windshield. It’s gotta he either the outer seal or as part of the plastic bug guard is broke and whistling. Please let me know if anyone has figured out a solution. I have a small child and he can’t sleep thru it. Truely desperate. 
[email protected]

• 9 months later...

Now that is crazy, because I have this whisking now. But the mechanics all seem to know exactly what it is I just haven’t it serviced yet. Now I have to go back and find out from them. Because I just knew I’d check here and find it easily since I had no problems with them freely diagnosing it before now.