Whistling Noise

I don't have the tow mirrors and as said I have the whistling noise I would say it starts at 55mph and up. You can really hear it when you go under a overpass on the highway, iam starting to think its coming from the radio antenna or the grill area.

But now I see you have a GMC so the grill area might be ruled out. But to again behind the grill our trucks are the same.

Edited by Silverado4x4

I do not have tow mirrors but I do have Cablights and Sunroof. Mine howls from 55-60mph. I'm going to get dealer to check it out when I take it in for service here soon. My noise seems to be coming from the driver side, front of the sunroof where the Onstar Antenna is.

I do not have tow mirrors but I do have Cablights and Sunroof. Mine howls from 55-60mph. I'm going to get dealer to check it out when I take it in for service here soon. My noise seems to be coming from the driver side, front of the sunroof where the Onstar Antenna is.

I don't have the cab lights,tow mirrors,onstar or sun roof and I have the whistle noise.

• 2 weeks later...

My truck is back at the dealers this week. They are going to continue and see if they can narrow down what is making the noise. It does seem like it is much better after the last visit. The lead mechanic called me yesterday and asked if there was any change since the last visit. I told him the same as I told the Service Manager; what ever you did with the mirror, seemed to help, but it is still there, just not to the same degree. I will get my truck back this Friday, but I will be going out of town again Saturday. I will let everyone know if there are any changes and what they did this week in an attempt to fix my situations.

Hello. I have a 2015 duramax with regular mirrors, roof markers and XM antena and I have the same anoying whistle. any update with anyone??? I took mine to the dealership and they told me they took one off the lot like mine and it did the same thing. They are also telling me that they cant figure out what is wrong with it. anyone have any luck. a truck that coast almost 70 grand should not sound like this......

Hello. I have a 2015 duramax with regular mirrors, roof markers and XM antena and I have the same anoying whistle. any update with anyone??? I took mine to the dealership and they told me they took one off the lot like mine and it did the same thing. They are also telling me that they cant figure out what is wrong with it. anyone have any luck. a truck that coast almost 70 grand should not sound like this......

My 2015 Chevy 2500HD 6.0 with XM antenna, non-towing mirrors, but no roof markers is quiet. When I was researching trucks a while back, I remember a noise issue on some new F150's due to the windshield not mounted correctly. The fix was to remove and re-install.

I have a 2015 2500 6.0 Chevy 4X4 crew cab with the old style black tow mirrors, XM antenna, no moon roof, no roof lights and no noise. Build date was in July 2014. This is the quietest truck I have ever owned. Or maybe my hearing is getting very bad.

I hope you guys are able to figure this out.

You need to drive more then 60-65 mph with the windows down and go under a overpass, yull hear it.

I'll give it a try next week. I'll let you know if I hear the whistle.

I gave it a try today. I drove at 65 to 70 miles per hour. windows down and under 7 overpasses. I did not hear any whistling. I 2015 2500HD LTZ passed me doing a few miles per hour more than me. I did not hear any whistle coming from the LTZ as it passed me. The whistle must not be something that happens will all of the 2015 HD's.