Whistling Noise

No roof lights or sun roof and whistles like crazy here, does have (new style) tow mirrors and xm antenna, sounds like its the top right of the windshield?

My '14 (old body style) didn't do this but new one (2015) does.

Edited by SMiller

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

XM antenna did not fix the problem. On a recent trip, it was whistling a lot. Stopped at the first Lowe's, bought a roll of painters tape and followed odonnell747's idea and started taping things off till it stopped. Just like odonnell747, I believe it is my center light assembly. I need for it to warm up some so I can be sure this is it. Mine only seems to whistles when the temperature is above 60 degrees. Sorry it has been a while, but the temperature is a factor now.

It's something in the front fender door area, my truck whistled like crazy and then somebody hit me in drivers fender, bodyshop removed door to color match new fender and since then, I can't get the truck to make the noise in over 3k miles since it being repaired. No matter the speed, it simply will not whistle.....I think it's door alignment.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having the same problem with a new 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax. I've spoken with GMC customer service--they were no help. I captured the noise on my phone and played for the dealership. They said they would have a tech research it, so I'll give them some time, but GMC should have isolated the cause by now with the number of posts and complaints evident on the forums.

For me, the whistle begins between 55-60MPH and is strong and steady above 70MPH.

If anyone has solved this, please respond. The youtube post is at

Thanks!

• Like 1

Same whistle I have but I cant hear mine unless the windows are down and I go under a overpass, starts at the same speed as yours but a constant whistle yours sounds like its changing pitch but that might be the video recording from the phone. As I said before I don't have roof lights, OnStar antenna or tow mirrors so that's not where the sound is coming from.

Edited by Silverado4x4

I just bought 3500 Highcountry early this month and also having the same problem...besides this, water leak from driver side's sun visor, GPS not working since 2nd day , was told it wad due to GPS antenna failure, mentioned about whistle noise to service adviser and was told it was also causing by bad antenna... I am currently still waiting for the new antenna(3weeks already..)

I noticed the whistle sound is coming from windshield where mirror located/or front part of the sunroof. When I drive the car very early in the morning, I won't be able to duplicate the noise, but during mid day after I drive for 10/15 mins, I can start to hear it, and it is loud, that sounds like the old school stovetop water boiler..

Anyone here had the problem solved?

Sorry for the broken English.

Ken

Well the tape trick seems to work. I seemed to have narrowed it down to the center light assembly. I will have the dealer order a new light assembly and that should fix my whistling problem.

Edited by smith462

The dealer replaced my center light today. When I looked at it, there was a seal between the light and my cab. When I asked, they told me it was an update. I do not care as long as that annoying whistle is gone. Hopefully after numerous trips to the dealers and numerous items being changed, I am fixed. Only time will tell.

• 3 weeks later...

I have this too, just discovered today. Driving southbound at 65 mph, the exact same whistling noise as in mwweiss's video. I have an appointment on Monday at the dealer for a soaked rear carpet and will mention if they discover what the cause of the noise is.

early 2015 Sierra Denali 3500 DRW

Just wanted to let everyone know that my whistling noise is gone. I have driven it for a couple of weeks without any noise. Here is a breakdown of what all was done to my truck: Drivers mirror replaced, XM antenna replaced (TSB), VIN identification rivets (TSB), center light assembly replaced.

The dealership was always concerned and helpful with trying to find the problem. I am glad it is finally gone and I have a quiet interior.

Edited by smith462