Silverado MyLink Software upgrade / hack to add Text messages?

How are videos played and which formats are supported?

Thanks

The unit supports MP4 and DivX formats for video.

I'm testing the best bit-rates for quality and file size right now. Setting up a profile in my video converter once I find the best balance over the next few days.

I wonder if this will be affected when the 3g to 4g upgrade is rolled out in a few months. I know there will be an upgrade, not sure what it will encompass. I am going to hold off for now. Looks great though!

What is the 3g to 4g upgrade???

I wonder if this will be affected when the 3g to 4g upgrade is rolled out in a few months. I know there will be an upgrade, not sure what it will encompass. I am going to hold off for now. Looks great though!

The upgrade is for the 2015.5i trucks nothing to do with trucks already on the road. The unit also plays a ton of Mpeg formats, AVI etc. The SMS integration also works on iPhone and Windows phone but you cannot reply to messages on iPhone as of right now.

Edited by GTPprix

• 4 months later...

The unlock features include

Blu-ray/DVD Video In-Motion (Vehicle must be equipped with RSE. This system will not add Blu-ray or DVD)

USB and SD Card Video In-Motion

Adds addition Video Formats Including DIVIX

Adds SMS Texting App (System will now display or read your incoming text back to you while you keep your hands on the wheel. Certain Android phones will allow you to replay back. Phone dependent)

Optional Welcome Sounds (These happen when the vehicle has been sitting dormant for a period of time. When the driver door is opened and the animated logo comes onto the screen. Volume levels can be adjusted in the menu or turned off completely)

So if I have the non-Nav option, would this add Navigation to?

Our unlock will not add NAV. It simply unlocks the in-motion restrictions. You would need to purchase NAV upgrade to add the factory navigation

If I added the factory nav option that Kodiakz put out will this make me lose nav again since I have to send the HMI in? Does anyone know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You will NOT loose NAV…we simply unlock the in-motion restrictions. Nothing else is affected.

What all is offered for non navigation units??

So for Non-Nav units…you gain video in motion from the SD/USB slots in the center console. We add 2 other formats that do not come from the factory. So you will be able to use MP4, DIVIX and AVI for video formats. System seems to like the DIVIX the best for some reason. You will also gain the SMS icon on vehicles built prior to 2015 ½ and for the 2015 ½ vehicles you will actually be able to view the message in motion instead of just hearing them over the audio.

Our unlock will not add NAV. It simply unlocks the in-motion restrictions. You would need to purchase NAV upgrade to add the factory navigation

You will NOT loose NAV…we simply unlock the in-motion restrictions. Nothing else is affected.

So for Non-Nav units…you gain video in motion from the SD/USB slots in the center console. We add 2 other formats that do not come from the factory. So you will be able to use MP4, DIVIX and AVI for video formats. System seems to like the DIVIX the best for some reason. You will also gain the SMS icon on vehicles built prior to 2015 ½ and for the 2015 ½ vehicles you will actually be able to view the message in motion instead of just hearing them over the audio.

Now do we have to send you something or can you send the software over the computer and we can just plug and play ? I'm only looking for the video in motion I have a 2015.5 so I have the texting app already ..... I just want video in motion Edited by Evolution4935

We have come up with a new program that makes this a little easier to get this done. You can send the module in to be programmed if you'd like...however your vehicle will basically be out of commission while the work is being done. If you would like to send it in we can do the service for $299.00 plus shipping back to you, which cost would depend on where you live and how quick you want it. Turnaround time once we receive the module would be a min. of 24 hrs to get it back out the door to you…it will not go back out the same day we receive the package.

Option 2 is a lot more popular; we can send you out a preprogrammed module to swap out for $349.00 plus shipping. This is normally $399.00 but we discounted it for forum members. We will be sending you out an $800.00 piece of equipment so there will be a core form that will need to be filled out and sent back to have on file. There will be no additional charge upfront, but the form is just to guarantee that we get your old locked module back to use in new condition.

Either option you go with the unlock will give you NAV Entry In-Motion (as long as your vehicle is equipped with factory navigation), Video In-Motion from your DVD/Blue Ray (If equipped with the factory overhead entertainment system), along with USB/SD MP4 & DIVIX In Motion as well as allowing for the viewing of the text messages in motion and not just having to listen to them which doesn’t always come out right.

Two questions ..... how well is your software ? And how does it work? Do you plug a computer into the module and just add the video in motion ? Or do you guy completely rewrite the software. Second question ... is if I'm driving threw town would someone be able to stop by and have the video in motion added ? Possibly for a cheaper price ?

Edited by Evolution4935