2015 Yukon slow speed "fluttering"

I guess the dealer showed you the design/engineering documents from GM that stated that as fact...otherwise, how would he know how the child was supposed to behave? Just because all the other kids on the block act that way doesn't mean that's the way it is supposed to be.

Those of you that seem to relate this to v4 mode, take your gear shift lever and place it in manual mode, and lock out 6th gear (so the gear inicator says M5). Try the same driving spot where the lag/flutter occurs and see what happens. Drving in M5 will lock out cylinder deactivation.

• 2 weeks later...

It is more than likely the torque converter lockup strategy. It will let the torque converter slip more to keep the engine from stalling if it is lugging but not enough throttle input to make it downshift. Keep a close eye on the tack and see if the RPM is surging when this is happening, mine always did it between 1200 and 1400 rpm. Once above the 1400 rpm it would go away. With the stock programming these engines don't like to be lugged down. Had it on my 13 and 14. The 13 went to the shop a couple times because of it (no fix) and the 14 I knew what it was from dealing with the 13. Give Black Bear a call and they will fix you right up :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

I just purchased my second 2015 Suburban, as I had to trade my first one in. It had been into the dealership for over a 2 months for it to only become worst eveytime it was returned to me. I blamed it on the dealership as service school training on my vehicle. I was told get a new one that was built after Oct 6th. So I did the new one seems to be free of the cabin noise that sounded like the sunroof was open or the shaking at 45 MPH when it was in V4. Time will tell with the passenger seat coming loose. Expet the new one has a flitter at low speeds not sure what it is my first one didn't have this. I will not bring it into the dealership as the butchered my last one they even had someone come in from GM. So I guess what I'm wondering is will it hurt anything to leave the truck this why?

I can't believe this is what you get for 70K GM is doing all there R and D through their customers.

• 2 weeks later...

That's just a complete load of sh-t. I have a 2011 Escalade that goes into V4 mode, it is completely imperceptible! I have tried to feel anything when it switched back and forth between V4 and V8 mode but the system works great. This technology has been around for a while, I don't understand what is going on?

• 4 weeks later...

Have someone else drive and sit in the back seat and you can tell when it goes into V4 without even looking at the instrumentation. I agree this is crazy to be happening. I had a 2010 and the AFM (Active Fuel Management) was unnoticeable. The 2015 Ecotech3 was designed to operate in V4 mode longer then the previous generations, which is how they get the improved efficiency, which I haven't really noticed improved efficiency but I notice the flutter and sitting in the back seat you seem to notice it more maybe because your over the driveline. It's funny on GM's website they say the switch from V8 to V4 is "virtually imperceptible" It was imperceptible on previous generation but not this new generation engine.

What I read on this forum and elsewhere made me very reluctant to get a new full size GM suv. I extended the lease on my previous Escalade ESV but finally broke down and got myself a Denali XL and my son got a Denali. Neither of us experienced any of these terrible issues thus far. What I can tell you is this truck seems far superior to my last one. It drives very smoothly, no vibration issues, can't tell when it goes from V8 to V4 as my last truck. I absolutely love the adaptive cruise control, the heads up display and my wife loves the automatic side steps. Very happy so far. I'm not that happy with how GM is treating many with the problems. I'm wondering what percentage of buyers are having these issues?

sorry guys, but this terrbile drivability is compeltly normal , or atleast the braniacs at the general seem to think so .

My 2014 6.2 Sierra has this back and forth confusion when it comes to slow speed driving. Its so annoying that its the worst drivability I have ever felt.

Sure its perfectly normal =(

• 1 month later...

What about that thing you plug in to your OBD port that supposedly forces the truck to stay in V8 mode? I've heard of this on other GM forums. Assuming the issue is caused by V4 mode, that would theoretically fix the problem.

Archived