Best tuner to turn off AFM?

508gm1

Did you not read the OP?

He was asking for the easiest way to disable the AFM not using that Range gadget.

A handheld tuner would fit the bill for sure, not searching for someone who paid a couple thousand dollars for tuning software and hope they will only charge you $100 to disable the AFM......then if it needs to be reset to factory, trying to get in touch with them yet again and hope they will reset the truck for you. That would be the most difficult way to go about doing what he needs done. A handheld gives him freedom to do as he pleases without counting on someone else.

Yes, I read it 14 months ago, and even today, $100 and a friend is still the cheapest way... Thanks

• 8 months later...

I turned mine off with the hyperteh programmer, but you can also program it to come in at different speeds.

That is what I want to do make the AFM only activate at highway speeds maybe 60+ or something. What hypertech unit works with the new 6.2 8spd and could do that for me? I am currently looking at superchips but it is not clear in their information if the speed setting thing is available for the AFM with them or not. Alos not clear in the hypertech info LOL so first i have heard of this and that iS what I want

I had the 5.3, I don't recall them advertising that you could turn it on at different speeds.

That is what I want to do make the AFM only activate at highway speeds maybe 60+ or something. What hypertech unit works with the new 6.2 8spd and could do that for me? I am currently looking at superchips but it is not clear in their information if the speed setting thing is available for the AFM with them or not. Alos not clear in the hypertech info LOL so first i have heard of this and that iS what I want

Mine is ordered should be here by 8:00 pm today....

Hypertech Max Energy 2.0 Programmer

2016 GMC Sierra

(6.2L V8)

Part #: 2000

FEDEX Standard Overnight
Est. Shipping Date
09/15/2016

• 2 weeks later...

2016 Denali 6.2 8spd. Well I am not sure that the HyperTech tuner had anything to do with this at all but I made a run from Nashville TN to Chicago IL yesterday about 450 miles and averaged 25mpg I took highway 41 going up so most of the way speed limit is 60mph so was kinda coasting along. Now when I came back down I65 this evening I romped on it real good. I hit the 98 speed limiter at least a half dozen times and still averaged over 23mpg. Outrun several furds and some furin jobs LOL. Lots of construction on I65 so not all good high speed plus came through Louisville in heavy traffic time (35 minutes for 8 miles)

Heading up

Coming back post-127028-0-62555800-1475804723_thumb.jpg

post-127028-0-62555800-1475804723_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Update using the Hypertech Max Energy hand held 2.0 part 2000 I have decided on 50mph as the point where I will allow the AFM to kick in. Love the fact that I can change it anytime that I want and or go back to factory settings as I please. Well worth the 300 bones to me. I think this is the best dollars that I have spent on my truck so far, it is MUCH more enjoyable to drive al low speeds. Biggest issue was my GM Borla exhaust system has a big exhaust note change at low speeds when going from V8 to V4. Annoyed me, not sure why but it did. Hypertech seems to be a good product but they currently do not have programming for changing any transmission settings on a 2016 6.2 8spd. said they would send out an update when ready....still waiting...... hey hypertech are you reading this? need to be able to firm up shifts so it barks the tires in the 1st / 2nd and 3rd gears like my old Transam in highschool back in the 70's hahaha

• 2 months later...

I also have installed the HyperTech Programmer . I drive a 2015 Silverado 5.3 . You can set/ increase W/O/T, RPM, set gasoline type, tire size, AFM, you can turn on or off or set when to kick in, set tranny shift points for 1-2, 2-, 3-4, 4-5, 5-6/ speed shut down/ and tranny firmness. You run through the program, then hypertech takes over and the computer is programmed. You then unplug it and box it and put away. If you have to take the truck in for service , you plug it back in and it will set it back to factory without them knowing. It stores your changes . You can sell it as long as your truck has been set back to factory. It is very simple. I have mine set for AFM to kick in at 35, all set points for tranny +200rpm, throttle,+200, firmness to shift 50% firmer, shut down at 112 mph instead of the factory 98. IT made a Big difference with all the changes. I also have installed a K&N kit and dual exhaust. As far as gas mileage, if I could keep my foot off the peddle a whole lot less, it would be about 2 mpg better. It did happen once and I was able to check it.

• 4 weeks later...

Just received my Hypertech MaxEnergy, was reading the instructions about making sure everything was turned off, etc., and then read about pulling fuses for things like OnStar, Remote Start, etc. . . Are there any other "nuances" to be aware of before running the programmer?

2013 GMC Sierra, 5.3L

Archived