Cruise Control Stopped Working

I discovered today that my cruise control will not turn on or function at all. The cruise control light does not illuminate on the dash when I push the on/off button on the steering wheel. I've reviewed the fuse diagrams in the manual twice and do not see a fuse for the cruise, so I'm stumped. Anyone know if there is a cruise control fuse, or have any other suggestions?

Not on my '07 Sierra. Only issue was the CC. Brake lights were fine.

I'm not saying this is a problem for the K2XX...and it could be anything else.

so long

j-ten-ner

Good to know, I'll check that out. Thanks j-ten-ner

I seem to have "fixed" the problem, but now I'm thinking there wasn't actually a problem besides owner stupidity. Yesterday I could not get the cruise to turn on, but I think I may have been pushing the cruise cancel button (with the X) instead of the cruise on button. In my defense, I was tired and driving in heavy traffic. The wierd part was that the cruise symbol did not appear at all on the dash. Now that I've had it on again the cruise symbol is back and remains white when not active and green when on, even after shutting the truck off it still appears in white. I'm puzzled how or why the cruise symbol completely went away, and now I can't make it go away if I try. The only thing I can think of is I had my battery disconnected while installing the HIDs a couple days ago. Anyway, seems back to normal now.

• Like 1

On my older GM cars it was always the cruise control actuator in the engine compartment that failed. But these were mid 80's cars and the actuator typically failed after several years. And the combination turn signal, wipers/cruise control switch used to fail regularly too.

Edited by pm26

I seem to have "fixed" the problem, but now I'm thinking there wasn't actually a problem besides owner stupidity. Yesterday I could not get the cruise to turn on, but I think I may have been pushing the cruise cancel button (with the X) instead of the cruise on button. In my defense, I was tired and driving in heavy traffic. The wierd part was that the cruise symbol did not appear at all on the dash. Now that I've had it on again the cruise symbol is back and remains white when not active and green when on, even after shutting the truck off it still appears in white. I'm puzzled how or why the cruise symbol completely went away, and now I can't make it go away if I try. The only thing I can think of is I had my battery disconnected while installing the HIDs a couple days ago. Anyway, seems back to normal now.

The cruise on/off is the button in the 3 o'clock position. If you want to turn your cruise off, push it. This button turns the cruise symbol in thhe dash off/on.

The button in thhe 9 o'clock position only stops the current cruise command, like your brake pedal does. It does not cancel the preset speed, or turn off the cruise feature. You can resume preset speed by pushing the "+" in the 12 o'clock position after stopping previous command with the button in the 9 o'clock position.

• Like 1

• 5 years later...

I had the same problem this morning. Trusty old work truck and the cruise control would not work. found this link and read through it hadn't thought about it being tied into the brake controller but it makes sense. I lightly tapped the brakes a couple times and then tried the cruise control again and it worked. Hopefully it keeps working. thanks!

Edited by Gforce129
Misspelled word

• 1 year later...
On 11/5/2014 at 5:56 AM, TJay74 said:

Aldo there is no cruise control fuse, the cruise function is handled more than likely via the ECM/TCM/BCM modules.

I've replaced both brake switches cruise control switch on stirring wheel and fuses good no other issues but cruise control not working