AUX switch install

Im still on the fence about this. I would love to do it, but I want to be exactly sure of what I am doing before i break into the dash of my brand new truck.

So after reading this like million times...I think I am closer to understanding what was done here, lol

I have pedals, TC, and cargo lights/bedlights. (3 switches, it is an SLT). It would be perfectly convenient if I could just buy the first upfitter switch bank with that blank one in the third spot and the 4 AUX switches. But can I use the blank spot for a switch (my 3rd position is cargo lights), or is it just a blank? Otherwise I would have to buy the other one and do what you did here.

And on another note, why did you bother soldering anything to the board and bothering with those special terminals and using the OEM plug? I dont understand where you are going to plug in those small plugs with red/bk wires going towards switches?

• Like 1

Thanks for the update, I will definitely be using these. Looks easier than trying to mess with the fuse box. I was looking at the same bulletin just the updated version (110k). Pin 8 says accessory voltage and 11 is run/crank ignition voltage. So I guess either will work just depending on when I want them on. I just need to confirm 8 will work first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

do you have that bulletin? the latest one i have is 110f

And I would think acc, and ign are NOT same.

do you have that bulletin? the latest one i have is 110f

And I would think acc, and ign are NOT same.

I don't have a copy. I found it on here at one time, but looked and can't find it again. I ended up using pin 11 as others had stated. I tested pin 8 and best I remember it didn't deliver as expected. Pin 11 was a slightly larger spade which made getting the connector inserted a little easier.

Im still on the fence about this. I would love to do it, but I want to be exactly sure of what I am doing before i break into the dash of my brand new truck.

So after reading this like million times...I think I am closer to understanding what was done here, lol

I have pedals, TC, and cargo lights/bedlights. (3 switches, it is an SLT). It would be perfectly convenient if I could just buy the first upfitter switch bank with that blank one in the third spot and the 4 AUX switches. But can I use the blank spot for a switch (my 3rd position is cargo lights), or is it just a blank? Otherwise I would have to buy the other one and do what you did here.

And on another note, why did you bother soldering anything to the board and bothering with those special terminals and using the OEM plug? I dont understand where you are going to plug in those small plugs with red/bk wires going towards switches?

You would need to do what I did. The Aux switches are different. They deliver constant power when pressed. The standard and built in switches are momentary meaning they deliver a pulse which then is received by the computer and turns the option on.

The reason I used the connectors was to just tap into the factory connector. I found which pin operated the ___(pedals, park assist, etc.) then used that pin number to drive my relay. That ensured when I hit that button it triggers the proper relay. Hopefully that answers your questions.

The blank is just a space filler. No switch.

The blank is just a space filler. No switch.

Ok, then can i get both 7 switch panels and swap buttons around? this way I can have my first 3 stock options then 4 AUX

Ok, then can i get both 7 switch panels and swap buttons around? this way I can have my first 3 stock options then 4 AUX

I guess you could, I don't have any insight on swapping them out though. I have plans to custom paint mine. That's your call though if you just want the Aux1, etc. Just remember if you move a switch then you need to move that wire also. Pedals will be fixed because it is up/down. There may be 1 more also that functions different. I can't look at mine at the moment.

Downhill assist doesn't have an indicator either.

You would need to do what I did. The Aux switches are different. They deliver constant power when pressed. The standard and built in switches are momentary meaning they deliver a pulse which then is received by the computer and turns the option on.

The reason I used the connectors was to just tap into the factory connector. I found which pin operated the ___(pedals, park assist, etc.) then used that pin number to drive my relay. That ensured when I hit that button it triggers the proper relay. Hopefully that answers your questions.

Can you clarify where the pair of soldered red and blak wires are to go. Then from there you are going through the OEM plug with the custom wires/crimps you got to ...where? the relays?

Can you clarify where the pair of soldered red and blak wires are to go. Then from there you are going through the OEM plug with the custom wires/crimps you got to ...where? the relays?

Downhill assist doesn't have an indicator either.

Let me just clarify here, I have the first 3 options on the new 7 switch panel so the last 4 would be for extra (AUX)

You won't need to solder anything in the switch panel. The 7 switch panel has all the wiring. Just take the wiring diagram and add the wires with the terminals mentioned to the coordinating slots.

You won't need to solder anything in the switch panel. The 7 switch panel has all the wiring. Just take the wiring diagram and add the wires with the terminals mentioned to the coordinating slots.

OOOHHH..LOL That is why I was confused. I got how to set up latching relays to relays but...So why did you have to solder on those extra pair of wires with quick disconnects on the end like that?

THANK YOU BTW..

OOOHHH..LOL That is why I was confused. I got how to set up latching relays to relays but...So why did you have to solder on those extra pair of wires with quick disconnects on the end like that?

THANK YOU BTW..

That was someone else. I think he used the aux panel. But I didn't really understand that either. He was one of the many guinea pigs that got us to point we are now.

That was someone else. I think he used the aux panel. But I didn't really understand that either. He was one of the many guinea pigs that got us to point we are now.

lol, oh. By any chance do you know gauge wire needed for those terminals?

lol, oh. By any chance do you know gauge wire needed for those terminals?

I used an 18/7 solid core sprinkler wire. It was really to big though. It made it tough to fit in the openings on the connector. I would probably use a 22 or 24 if I had it to do over again.