HID Headlight Shootout - All three options tested

Looking to add some LED bulbs to my Lo beams and fogs on my Silverado with projectors. Anyone have a good setup with part numbers or link?

Dont really want to hassle with HID's and the DRL's.

Looks great, what brand/ Part numbers??? I bought the 7200LM 40/80Watt Starnils and they DO NOT look like that!

Sorry it took me so long to respond. I'll post them tomorrow. I have the box at work and don't remember the brand. They are BRIGHT!!

This is how they should look from factory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking to add some LED bulbs to my Lo beams and fogs on my Silverado with projectors. Anyone have a good setup with part numbers or link?

Dont really want to hassle with HID's and the DRL's.

My brother has an all LED setup on his Silverado. He has the same bulbs as me. I'll post the picture of the box and model numbers tomorrow. Looks as bright as mine.

these are the same bulbs that came with my Kit.

I had a different set before that were LOUD!! the fans made the truck vibrate lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-30W-3200LM-H7-COB-chip-LED-Headlight-Bulbs-6k-led-hid-cree-smd-plasma-/111796735960?hash=item1a079acfd8:g:t2AAAOSwo0JWFt5j&vxp=mtr

• 2 weeks later...

I had a different set before that were LOUD!! the fans made the truck vibrate lol

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-30W-3200LM-H7-COB-chip-LED-Headlight-Bulbs-6k-led-hid-cree-smd-plasma-/111796735960?hash=item1a079acfd8:g:t2AAAOSwo0JWFt5j&vxp=mtr

Those are some bright LED lights. I am on the fence between the HIDs and LEDs. I like LED lighting but I am very familiar with the HIDs.

I have run DDM 55W HIDs for ever on all my trucks and I haven't decided what Im going to run in my 2015. I don't think that I will be switching out the projectors as I don't keep my truck long enough to switch that out.

I would like to add some new Headlights. Is the Morimoto Kit really worth the expense over the DDM Kits?

If I go the Morimoto route what all do I need to install on my truck?

Those are some bright LED lights. I am on the fence between the HIDs and LEDs. I like LED lighting but I am very familiar with the HIDs.

I have run DDM 55W HIDs for ever on all my trucks and I haven't decided what Im going to run in my 2015. I don't think that I will be switching out the projectors as I don't keep my truck long enough to switch that out.

I would like to add some new Headlights. Is the Morimoto Kit really worth the expense over the DDM Kits?

If I go the Morimoto route what all do I need to install on my truck?

I love my headlights now

I think the LED kit is worth it

To install is super easy. Everything fits inside the stock headlight housing in the GMC. Remove original bulb, replace with new one, connect ballast and that's it!

So...these are what you use now or no? Plug N Play?

Sent from my iPhone

So...these are what you use now or no? Plug N Play?

Sent from my iPhone

Yes. They're plug and play.

Brighter than stock. Get the fog light kit as well. That's what makes the difference.

Thank you for the response!! So if I wanted to do the FXR conversion what else would I need to have to complete the install if I ordered this kit? http://www.fastheadlights.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=fxr_chevy_retrofit-kit

I want this kit for my Sierra so bad!!! I don't trust myself to do the work, but would you recommend it ok for any local truck shop? I really hate these headlights, and would rather not spend a small amount on fixes that I have a feeling I won't like. Id rather use some Xmas money to get the FXR kit. Just want to make sure it's installed right and is reliable.

• 2 weeks later...

I want this kit for my Sierra so bad!!! I don't trust myself to do the work, but would you recommend it ok for any local truck shop? I really hate these headlights, and would rather not spend a small amount on fixes that I have a feeling I won't like. Id rather use some Xmas money to get the FXR kit. Just want to make sure it's installed right and is reliable.

If you want to vet a truck shop I suggest to see how they do other hids. If they've ever retrofitted or whatnot. I tried finding one in vegas to just pop open my headlights and install a projector but they wanted 400 bucks for that. They also are the type that install cheap ebay hids into reflectors.

I bought some new LED kits for my truck. Both headlight and fog lamps are the same bulb. Very bright and quiet. (Previous setup was HID lights w/ led headlights)this is an all led setup. 66ef6913c2e935efe840b102ad82533f.jpgb357b8c7a0daf7210039385270bd80cb.jpgdf58def62626b6d7490710feb67e6298.jpgc1ae23a86e099dd220fb50c971f0e735.jpg

So you're using the same LED bulb for both headlights and fogs? The one you linked here http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-30W-3200LM-H7-COB-chip-LED-Headlight-Bulbs-6k-led-hid-cree-smd-plasma-/111796735960?hash=item1a079acfd8:g:t2AAAOSwo0JWFt5j&vxp=mtr

They look really good and might be my answer. I don't want to modify anything really so installing HIDs is out of the question for me. These LEDs look like the winner.

Thanks!

So you say led kit? I'm super new to this and hate the factory lights. Can I just buy the linked bulbs and plug them in? Or do I actually need more parts? Or where did you buy said kit? Thanks in advance

Edited by Mtinks85

So you're using the same LED bulb for both headlights and fogs? The one you linked here http://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-30W-3200LM-H7-COB-chip-LED-Headlight-Bulbs-6k-led-hid-cree-smd-plasma-/111796735960?hash=item1a079acfd8:g:t2AAAOSwo0JWFt5j&vxp=mtr

They look really good and might be my answer. I don't want to modify anything really so installing HIDs is out of the question for me. These LEDs look like the winner.

Thanks!

Yes. Same bulb but make sure you get the correct size. I think fog lights are H5. I'm not sure. I'll check the box and post back tomorrow. The headlights suck, but the fogs are insane lol. No one has flashed me yet though. #WINNING

So you say led kit? I'm super new to this and hate the factory lights. Can I just buy the linked bulbs and plug them in? Or do I actually need more parts? Or where did you buy said kit? Thanks in advance

The kit comes with all that's needed. Install is easy. Takes about 30 minutes ( due to passenger side air box removal)

Huge upgrade over stock.

Yes. Same bulb but make sure you get the correct size. I think fog lights are H5. I'm not sure. I'll check the box and post back tomorrow. The headlights suck, but the fogs are insane lol. No one has flashed me yet though. #WINNING

The kit comes with all that's needed. Install is easy. Takes about 30 minutes ( due to passenger side air box removal)

Huge upgrade over stock.

Does the GMC fogs not use the 5202 for the Fog lights?

Did you add the FXR retro fit?

Does the GMC fogs not use the 5202 for the Fog lights?

Did you add the FXR retro fit?

no retro fit kit, just added the bulb and ballast.

simple as that

edit: fog bulb says H16 on my box. my brother has a silverado and he says its the same as his. :)

I believe its the 5202 Bulb

Edited by BootyHunter86