HID Headlight Shootout - All three options tested

5000K will match the OEM DRLs on Sierras. I have a 55W 4500K and want to change since it doesn't match. Just make everything look like its OEM and you shouldn't have any issue. Since these trucks come with projectors from the factory I would think you won't have much issue

I just installed a set of LED lights into my low beams last night, so far I'm very impressed with the light output and they work with my DRL's.

Here are a couple of pics with just the low beams turned on.

DSC_0507_zps3umzmujt.jpg

DSC_0508_zpswrdux1tb.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I did my FXR upgrade a couple days ago, after having halogens, 55W HIDs, 45W LMZ LEDs, all in the stock projector, and then now finally doing my FXR upgrade, I can confidently say that the FXR upgrades are far beyond being worth the cash and work to put them in (for the Sierra guys, the Silverado guys have it much easier to install). I love my FXRs. Already have a few friends with non projector housings wanting me to take a stab at retrofitting lights into their vehicles haha

I am totally new to this and want to do the fxr upgrade on my 2015 1500 LT Silverado. You mentioned that it is easier for the Silverado install? could you elaborate why it would be easier? Would I not have to open the light housing to install them?

I am totally new to this and want to do the fxr upgrade on my 2015 1500 LT Silverado. You mentioned that it is easier for the Silverado install? could you elaborate why it would be easier? Would I not have to open the light housing to install them?

No you would not have to open the housing. Just remove it from the truck. You can remove the OEM projector and install the new FXR all through the hole in the back of your light. The Sierras can't fit the projectors through the hole in the back so we have to open the light

No you would not have to open the housing. Just remove it from the truck. You can remove the OEM projector and install the new FXR all through the hole in the back of your light. The Sierras can't fit the projectors through the hole in the back so we have to open the light

Thank you for the response!! So if I wanted to do the FXR conversion what else would I need to have to complete the install if I ordered this kit? http://www.fastheadlights.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=fxr_chevy_retrofit-kit

good information . Hid's on a 2015 chev - w/projectors - Z71 , low beams are also DRL. how do you guys saw that problem . Will the Hid's burn out faster ??? any information will be helpful. Thanks

Thank you for the response!! So if I wanted to do the FXR conversion what else would I need to have to complete the install if I ordered this kit? http://www.fastheadlights.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=fxr_chevy_retrofit-kit

you won't need anything else. That kit will have all that you need :thumbs: That kit includes the HID system, projectors, and brackets

• 2 weeks later...

Huge thanks to DD, Mike1220 and many others here on the heads up on the piss poor GMC headlights and this tremendous projector shootout.

Day 2 with the new truck took off the front end and handed the headlamps to Black Flame Customs.

Despite all the evidence on this board proclaiming how bad the stock headlamps are on the 2014 & 2015's, I was stunned at how aweful these things were from the factory. Unacceptable, dangerous, embarrasing. One can only hope the upgraded 2016's are lightyears ahead.

Thanks again gents.

• 2 weeks later...