Upgrade from 4" to 8" Screen

We are actually working on upgrading the IO3 to the IO5/IO6 systems, but the project is a few weeks from being complete yet. We are pretty certain that we can do the upgrade though.

As far as the I04 upgrading to IO5/IO6 we can do that all day long…however it’s not totally plug and play. There will be a different HMI required when upgrading to either IO5 or IO6 which we can help with, or if you have gotten the parts already, you will absolutely need some programming done on the modules before they will fire up and work in your vehicle.

Is it possible to have other things flashed to the 4.2 inch radio? I don't need Navigation, but are there other options for this radio?

Is it possible to have other things flashed to the 4.2 inch radio? I don't need Navigation, but are there other options for this radio?

Looked like the same topic from what I could tell. I was hoping to give everyone in there enough info to help with what you guys are trying to do. There are a lot of variables in doing this upgrade, so it will probably be easiest if you guys just call.

919-995-9523 (i'd appreciate if you guys like this post after you get the help over the phone. so that the moderators should know its not about self promotion)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Soooo....we can do the I04 to I05/ I04 to I06 upgrade with no problem at all :thumbs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRKrB_et0bA

I'm pretty certain we are good to go on the I03 to I04/I05/I06 as well. I would be willing to work with someone on this project that is looking to get this done. Would be at a smoking deal in order to verify full functionality!! I would require good pics and video footage as part of the deal....feel free to shoot me a message if interested.

Soooo....we can do the I04 to I05/ I04 to I06 upgrade with no problem at all :thumbs:

I'm pretty certain we are good to go on the I03 to I04/I05/I06 as well. I would be willing to work with someone on this project that is looking to get this done. Would be at a smoking deal in order to verify full functionality!! I would require good pics and video footage as part of the deal....feel free to shoot me a message if interested.

I'm your huckleberry! I'll call you shortly.

• 3 weeks later...

OK...having issues finding a couple threads on conversations about the backup cameras for theses new trucks....anyone have any links?

There were 2 that I remember....1 talking about rostra and 1 taking about image quality.

have a new something to share :thumbs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmc-DX2gtAo

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've looked through this post and am looking to upgrade my 4.3" to the 8" but don't need the nav part. I'm really looking for the upgrade for the touch screen and back up camera (which I have already bought the parts for). What is the part number I need for the screen assembly itself? I know where to get the HMI re-programmed so I'm set there. Thanks.

Pete

• 6 months later...

I just installed the IO3-IO5 upgrade with bluetooth and backup camera from MVI. Its Awesome!

The install was not difficult. There is a couple wire connections that have to be made so as long as you can solder it should be no problem besides that it was plug and play.

Some of the labeling as to what wire to connect to was a little confusing when connecting to the BCM (some had 2 of the same colour wires on the same connector. Yes the wires in the kit do come labeled with the colour and pin # but good luck seeing those numbers.. lol).

The full length install video's are awesome but some picture diagrams would help as there are some things not covered in the video.

But the customer service was Awesome. I text to let them know i was having problems and they got back to me right away.

Shipping was fast less then 2 weeks from the day i ordered and i live in Canada.

I took pictures of most of the connections during the install so i can upload those later.

Cheers.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know where to find an 8" replacement screen for the 2016 Canyon? and the module to go with it? I just want to upgrade the 4" screen to the 8" screen. I don't really care about the navigation. I have IO4 now (4" screen w/Intelilink). Thanks. All I can find on the internet are for Sierras/Silverados. Nothing for the Canyon.

• 8 months later...

So any update on this? I'm trying to talk my GMC dealer into ordering the io3->io4 upgrade to add XM radio. Website says it'll work in 2014-2015, so I guess a 2016 Sierra should work too?