Upgrade from 4" to 8" Screen

if u want to swap out the screen u will have to swap out hmi module also.. the hmi module is the brain of the screen without swaping it out the screen will not work...the hmi will also need to programmed..when u buy the screen and hmi module it will come programmed if purchase together, company u buy it from will ask for last 8 of vin to make sure it is compatible with ur truck...if u cut corners and buy them separately u will have to get hmi programmed it might end up costing more and it will be bigger headache. its 1599 on ebay with backup camera and nav. that is where i got mine....for those who think they can save a buck buying aftermarket it will not fit the same and steering wheel controls will not work it defects the purpose. goodluck

We are actually working on upgrading the IO3 to the IO5/IO6 systems, but the project is a few weeks from being complete yet. We are pretty certain that we can do the upgrade though.

As far as the I04 upgrading to IO5/IO6 we can do that all day long…however it’s not totally plug and play. There will be a different HMI required when upgrading to either IO5 or IO6 which we can help with, or if you have gotten the parts already, you will absolutely need some programming done on the modules before they will fire up and work in your vehicle.

We are actually working on upgrading the IO3 to the IO5/IO6 systems, but the project is a few weeks from being complete yet. We are pretty certain that we can do the upgrade though.

As far as the I04 upgrading to IO5/IO6 we can do that all day long…however it’s not totally plug and play. There will be a different HMI required when upgrading to either IO5 or IO6 which we can help with, or if you have gotten the parts already, you will absolutely need some programming done on the modules before they will fire up and work in your vehicle.

Ok I can get the Screen and HMI module from a wrecked truck and you can program it work work in my truck. I don't need to replace the receiver since I already have i04 Mylink receiver correct?

RT

Ok I can get the Screen and HMI module from a wrecked truck and you can program it work work in my truck. I don't need to replace the receiver since I already have i04 Mylink receiver correct?

RT

Correct..we can do the programming for $200 plus shipping. When you receive the module back from us it will be plug and play…turn key and roll.

Btw for those wondering if you have IO3/4, look at your RPO codes in the "upper" glovebox.

I have an IO4 4.2" screen system.

Correct..we can do the programming for $200 plus shipping. When you receive the module back from us it will be plug and play…turn key and roll.

Mviinc, you're saying if I buy an hmi and screen from GM or ebay or a salvage yard, I can ship the hmi to you and you can make it work? Can a GM dealer do this too? (Will they?)

What about navigation? All I need is an 8" screen, hmi, and navi antenna? Is there a more comprehensive thread for this somewhere? This isn't SUPER high on my to-do list, but its on there. I'd like to know the part #s to see what the screen and HMI unit cost. I've heard this mod is about $1000 otd, too rich for my taste at 1 time, but If I can buy 1 part and then another part etc. I might can get it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm also trying to swap out my 4.2 inch screen with the 8 inch but my question is... if I buy the screen from 1 truck and the hmi from another will I still be able to make them work? I have seen several hmi modules for sale but I don't know what's the difference in them they all look the same how do I know which one will work for me?

you need io4 or better to do the swap as I understand it.

io4 is "mylink" and seems like these come with xm radio and the onstar integration and all.

apparently a screen is a screen is a screen, so as long as you have the screen module for the 8" you can go to one of the folks here like mviinc or kodiakz and they can get the hmi module working for you, then you just plug it in, and good to go.

Can't speak to navigation.. too expensive for my taste.