'15 6.2 8 speed tune

Hey guys. Anybody confirmed Diablo doesn't trip the flash counter? Due to the 8 speed I do not want to trip it but yet want to change my speedo for tires and want to disable AFM. I have good friends at the dealership I used to work at that wouldn't care and know how I treat my vehicles but if the counter trips and they can't avoid ignoring it for gm I don't want to get caught with my pants down.

The dealer never mentioned it in my 09 and I had the tune in for a couple years. I'm not sure about the 15s though. I plan on having Lew do a custom tune in a couple weeks anyway, they just drive so much better when tuned correctly!

The dealer never mentioned it in my 09 and I had the tune in for a couple years. I'm not sure about the 15s though. I plan on having Lew do a custom tune in a couple weeks anyway, they just drive so much better when tuned correctly!

Did the truck have powertrain components repaired under warranty?

Nothing on power train but 3 times they had to check computer because of check engine light, once had to have ecm reflashed. I always put it back to stock tune when bringing it in and they never mentioned noticing it. Unfortunately from what I read here it really can depend on the dealer if it will be an issue or not.

2009 computer was not based on the new Global system GM is using, it did not have a flash counter that was active in it. The 2014+ GM trucks all use the new Global format that supposedly not only trips a flash counter but also some items to confirm of a non-factory tune.

No one knows for sure as I don't think anyone on here had been put in that situation yet.

Cell phones use this feature, especially samsung its called a KNOX counter. You can flash custom recovery/roms and it will trip the counter, however if you use a factory "rom" the knox will remain untripped because knox believes you are using a true software package. Also there is a flash counter than can be manually reset in the bios fairly easily.

From what I've read, there are two options with these trucks. They have a flash counter that is set based on the software versions installed on your ecm/tcm/bcm or whatever. That number will change when you install a custom tune, and will revert when you put the stock program back. The second is that every time you flash the ecm the counter increments and reverting to stock tune the truck will still show flash counts.

I would guess so far that the flash counter resets when you put the ecm/tcm back to stock. Just my guess, based on the fact diablo says so, and many have taken their truck in for service and had no issues when stock tune is put back in.

That is how the old ECM/TCM worked, that method has not be confirmed on the new Global ECM/TCM though. I am with ya in that regards, if I am going in for something that might require an update I flash back to stock and go from there. Then I check the new calibration against the original stock one to see if any changes were made in case I need to adjust my tune.

Archived